Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I wonder if you could build a platform on top of one of the dollies and have double the storage in a single footprint

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great idea, will give it some thought and play around this weekend if time allows.

Eventually I want to get the Heavy Hitch "Hitch. & Suitcase Cart".

·
Registered
89 Posts
They make a larger version of those HF dollies.

I have 4 of them right now, and I keep my 2 stage blower on one, and one of my ballast boxes on another. I have even had the bucket end of my FEL on one at one time which allowed me to grab the rear of the mounting arms in my hands and lift up enough to move it around in my shop.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same here, I have a handful of each size. I have used them for my 54" blade, hydraulics for the blade, bucket, ratchet rake, Artillian fork set, heavy hitch and now the JD weights.

Do you place the dollies under the bucket when taking it off your machine? Or do you take it off than manually place them under the bucket?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Same here, I have a handful of each size. I have used them for my 54" blade, hydraulics for the blade, bucket, ratchet rake, Artillian fork set, heavy hitch and now the JD weights.

Do you place the dollies under the bucket when taking it off your machine? Or do you take it off than manually place them under the bucket?
I manually place the bucket on it afterwards. The bucket has to be on the ground to get the loader off (at least with the JF FEL's I've owned). I just use a floor jack under the torque tube behind the bucket to lift it up, then slide the dolly under it. Even though there is still a lot of weight on the rear end of the loader arms, I can lift it by myself and maneuver it around when needed which is pretty handy in my smaller shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts