Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am losing power / rpm when going uphill. It is fine on flat or downhill situations. Strangely, I’d the PTO is engaged (ex: bushog),the power does not drop. The rpms/power drop when I press the pedal. As soon as I lift my foot off, the rpms jump back to normal. I’ve recently changed fuel filter, oil filter, changed out all hydraulic fluid and replaced that filter, replaced air filters. The two things that I am thinking are: 1. Something is blocking fuel intake inside tank (hence the power drop uphill) or 2. The fuel pump is struggling. Any thoughts? How can I test the fuel pump integrity? Why is it fine uphill when the PTO is on?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I'm not totally familiar with your tractor model, but I'm going to assume that it has at least 2 transmission ranges (Hi and Lo). Are you in Hi when the power drops off? If the bush hog is on, are you running in Lo?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My tractor has 3 ranges: A, B, C from high power low speed to opposite. It is the hydro transmission (no clutch). I’ve attempted in each setting with the same results when going uphill. While using PTO, I’ve done the mid range setting and low. Both were ok going uphill.

·
Registered
23,252 Posts
Does your tractor have e-hydro?

I remember way back when I test drove one at my dealer and it acted just like you say - but I didn’t have the PTO going.

If you do have e-hydro have you tried it with the switch in either position? Sounds like maybe it might not be disengaging.

·
Registered
280 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts