Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this 2011 4320 since 2013 (open station) and only recently needed to use the 3rd SVC. The lever to operate the valve does not move, regardless of the position of the Lock / Unlock lever. It appears that to get under the plastic cover that the operating lever sticks up through to see what the problem is I may have to take the RR tire and fender off...possibly I can remove the seat to gain partial access? Worst case scenario I may have to remove much more stuff in the operator's station platform to investigate the problem just beneath the plastic. The Deere Tractor Repair manual on CD (which I purchased for a 4720) has 27 MB of detailed information; but never addresses my question - how do I get under the plastic to adjust the cables to the valves and to potentially adjust the locking mechanism so that the 3rd SVC lever will move and thus move the spool. From under the tractor the valve body is somewhat above the hydraulic filter; but quite inaccessible so far.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have experience working on an SCV or something else located under the seat platform on a 4x20 or similar tractor? What is the best way to gain access for the repair? Thanks.

·
Administrator
22,412 Posts
This is what you setup looks like correct, your serial number is below 810000?

The joystick lock will have no control over this lever. If it won't move, then most likely the spool in the valve is seized from lack of use in 9 years. You will have to get to the valve to inspect, and yes that probably means at least taking the wheel off.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you...SN 860112...higher than the 810000. I understand now, the lock being for the joy stick not SCV. Is the tire possibly manageable by one person? Or do I need to arrange an overhead lift?

·
Administrator
22,412 Posts
The way I read JDParts, the higher serial numbers use an electrically operated 3rd SCV. Can you post us some pics to look at?

The tires are manageable, jack it up just high enough to take the wietght off the tire, the remove the lugs, then wiggle the tire off and roll it aside, don't let it fall over. And second person is nice for a safety factor, but not "needed".

Reactions: arlen

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The way I read JDParts, the higher serial numbers use an electrically operated 3rd SCV. Can you post us some pics to look at?

Attachments

·
Administrator
22,412 Posts
Well, not sure whats up with JDP but I still suspect the spool is stuck. Your pics are to small to see much detail, but I can tell its absolutely mechanically operated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.