Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, I’m hoping that someone might be able to help. I took my JD 4410 in the spring for the problem and they said they couldn’t find anything wrong. Here is what is happening.

I am having times where my tractor is in gear, engine going full rpm, no brakes and it simply doesn’t move. It does it more one the engine warms up than when I first start it. I can try to push against something with the loader, at full RPM and nothing. Wheels aren’t slipping, just nothing. Sometimes turning the wheels will cause it to start going. It does it more in the higher gears than the lower. If it were a car I’d think that maybe the clutch was slipping, but that doesn’t make sense that turning the wheels will cause it to start getting power. Doesn’t seem to matter if I have the front wheel drive engaged or not. In the video I do. It’s only got 680 hours on it but is a 2004. It’s like it wants to go, but if there is any resistance it just doesn’t. It has the e power reverser transmission.

I want to take it back in to have it fixed before it snows or I won’t be able to plow anything with it. I’m hoping that someone has seen this before and can tell me what to tell them to do.
Here’s a video of it doing it’s thing. It’s actually doing ok in the middle of the video, but the beginning you can see it doesn’t start to move until I start to turn the wheels. The end shows how there is no power when pushing on something. In the past that would have cause the wheels to spin and wreck the grass.

·
Registered
12,753 Posts
I'm sorry that I can't help you with your tractor, but someone will be along soon, I'm sure.

I wanted to comment on the picture of the greyhound in your avatar. My wife and I have had six retired racers over the years. They are terriffic dogs and great friends. Welcome from northeastern Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry that I can't help you with your tractor, but someone will be along soon, I'm sure.

I wanted to comment on the picture of the greyhound in your avatar. My wife and I have had six retired racers over the years. They are terriffic dogs and great friends. Welcome from northeastern Pennsylvania.
Hey Don, she’s actually a whippet. So the next size down from a greyhound. Say big couch potatoes though.

·
Registered
12,753 Posts
Hey Don, she’s actually a whippet. So the next size down from a greyhound. Say big couch potatoes though.
Couch potatoes just like greyhounds. I can never tell the difference unless they are side by side.

·
Administrator
19,236 Posts
I have no experience with the power-reverser transmissions, so I can only suggest that it may be a clutch, fluid, or clogged screen issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts