Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
JD-2720, JD Z425
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used sprayer that was mounted on a Gator or Ranger. Its the set-up with two 45 gallon tanks, mounted on a cookie sheet with the spray wand, one pump and a selector valve to select which tank to draw from (LP22909). I only need 1 tank for my one acre lot. My initial plan was to buy/build 3 point mount and run it on my 2720 with the included boomless mount. Then I thought I could mount it on my hitch carrier rack that doubles as a thatcher (or remove the boards that the thatcher tines are mounted on). The tank fits perfect on the hitch carrier. It would look like this...
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Green

Anyone see an issue with this set up like this? Or should I buy or build a mount for the 3 pt?

Also, I thought I read the boom should be 30" off the ground?? And does anyone know what Teejet nozzles come in the JD/Superior Tech boomless boom? I need to replace one of those. I'm really looking for about 15' swath.

I will also plumb in a relief valve and gauge. This will be used for fertilizing the lawn and maybe flooding the neighbors hockey rink.

Any advice will be appreciated? Thanks

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle

I’m using a very similar setup. Mine has the boomless spray nozzles that are mounted on metal brackets. I hood mine on with some cheap tie downs. I think the height above the ground is near perfect. I got mine brand new and I also had the carrier already.

Reactions: AK737

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
How much weight is that tray (and the receiver) rated to carry? 45 gallons of liquid plus the weight of the sprayer is around 500 pounds. That would be my only concern with the setup.

Reactions: AK737

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Not specifically about mounting your sprayer, but winter is coming. If your garage sees freezing temperatures it’s time to winterize it to avoid damage to the pump and nozzles.

I use a 40 gallon boom sprayer three-point carried on a 1025R. No problems other than very light steering at the beginning with a full tank, so I put suitcase weights up front and it’s good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.