Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11,644 Posts
this my neighors little dozer i rented to take all my dead ash trees down, and a couple of maples that had to go to. didn't want to get rid of some of the maples, but they had growed right beside the ash, and as i was pushing the ash tree one way, the maple was falling the other way, so they came down too. the wife is talking in, and bless her, she gets confused:flag_of_truce:so here u go. tim marks--u are my inspiration for my videos

·
Registered
11,644 Posts
sorry about the mix-up, but these should work now-sorry:oops:

ok-messed up the first time-but i think i got it on round 2:bigthumb: :laugh:

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Great stuff Jim, I fixed up the posts for you a bit :bigthumb:

·
Registered
11,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great stuff Jim, I fixed up the posts for you a bit :bigthumb:
THANKS A BUNCH--i copied the wrong titles the first time. i tried to delete the first post and start over-but couldn't! :good2:

·
Super Moderator
7,874 Posts
sorry about the mix-up, but these should work now-sorry:oops:

ok-messed up the first time-but i think i got it on round 2:bigthumb: :laugh:
You make it look easy BigJim! The right equipment makes the job much easier! :good2:

·
Premium Member
13,938 Posts
Nice job

Thanks Big Jim

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,654 Posts
A little late to this thread.:banghead:
Big Jim, A guy should not be allowed to have that much fun. Nice job.
Compliments to the film director.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

Looking good Jim!

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
BigJim, ever heard this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKjr3rdqrc4

HEYWOOD BANKS IF I HAD A BULLDOZER LYRICS
In this day and age,
In this big old troubled world,
Where the little guy ain't got a chance
There's only one thing I can think of
That could make a difference...

If I had a bulldozer
Everything would be so fine
I would never have to move it over
Never have to stand in line

If I had a bulldozer
There'd be lots of parking places
I'd just look for that brand-new Corvette
Taking up two spaces

If I had a diesel rig,
With a big old blade,
Treads just like a tank,
I would have it made
Courtesy would reign,
Arguments would cease,
'Cause everyone would know
I'd squash them like a cheeeeeeeese!!!

If I had a bulldozer
My application would go through
My boss would run to get my coat
If I decided to leave by two

If I had a bulldozer
The IRS would never chide
And you know an audit would really go quickly
With a 'dozer idling outside

If I had a diesel rig,
With a big old blade,
Treads just like a tank,
I would have it made
Courtesy would reign,
Arguments abate,
'Cause everyone would know
I'd squash them like a graaaaaaaaape!!!

If I had a bulldozer
All the doors would open up
People'd treat me with a lot more respect
Or I'd knock 'em down and squash 'em up

If I had a diesel rig,
With a big old blade
The world would be a better place!

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
This is why I love my baby, the 450E Jim,, they will move just about anything if you know how to operate one.. Almost anyone can run one but to operate one takes learning how and practice.... Nice job Jim, now to clean up all those trees and bury the stumps! JT :hi:

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
This is why I love my baby, the 450E Jim,, they will move just about anything if you know how to operate one.. Almost anyone can run one but to operate one takes learning how and practice.... Nice job Jim, now to clean up all those trees and bury the stumps! JT :hi:
It's like that with all equipment. I get customers every so often that say "man, you must be great at running these things". Yes and no. I can drive them, but one of the customer's operators could run circles around me when it comes to actually working them and getting something done. A good operator makes all the difference. :good2:

·
Registered
11,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:hi:thanks guys-i've had a lot of practice over the yrs. started out with my dad's little jd 430 dozer skidding tree's out to the landing for him, with chains and grabs.:laugh: my uncle took me along with him to his coal company's job when i was just 5yrs old and i rode along inside his d9g back then, fell in love then. so i figured when i was skidding the trees out for my dad when i got older, i would practice with his blade one day grading the skid road we had, whew at quitting time when he followed me out to the landing he was mad, that i tore up the landowners ground, :nunu:now it wasn't like i ripped a couple feet off , but i still got the no 12 work shoe to my bottom, and a talking to the whole way home that evening in the log truck-never dropped the blade ever again till i got broke in on a TD 25 International, then onto a D9G. Then we got some brand new Komatsu 355's in 79-80, then we got 2 Fiat-Allis 31's, had to run one of them:laugh: that all took till 85 when our coal co shut down for good. started trucking then till 2004 and started back in the coal business again on a CAT D10-then got to run a CATD11N and a D11R wow what a sweet machine to push dirt with or grade a road--but the ripping finally got to me in 2011 and had to give it up--went back to trucking for a little over a yr, till i had to get my knee replaced--and then that's when i had all my troubles with other health issues. THANKS-later

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
It's like that with all equipment. I get customers every so often that say "man, you must be great at running these things". Yes and no. I can drive them, but one of the customer's operators could run circles around me when it comes to actually working them and getting something done. A good operator makes all the difference. :good2:
You are so right Blake, I have seen terrible "operators" and very good operators. Now go back a few years and run one of those cable dozers with a straight blade,, that's an operator.... To bad most are all dead today,, asbestos spool brakes and all that dust you are inhaling.... I have a neighbor who's dad had all that old machinery and he runs the stuff still today,, He has lung issues and some tumors and never smoked a day in his life,, all because of his cable excavator and dozer... He's to cheap to by new equipment and I guess because they were his dads they are good enough for him... Hey they still run great!

·
Registered
11,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok-so i finally got my new videos to load onto u-tube without the help of my lovely bride.:laugh: may not be the best-as i wanted her to help put the two of them together-but no..........she was mad at me--for what i have no idea:unknown:but here they are-ok. the pavilion that the boy moved last fall-has new posts underneath it-and has a lean too added to cover his outdoor furnace now.
the orange thing sitting beside the furnace is not his--nor do i care to discuss that machine at any time-ok:nunu: that machine is the sole reason i bought a JD with the 2 pedals--easier on my right ankle.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBt6piPTnrs
2nd onehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXVT5SRMiRk&t=19s
now no talking on these as i just wasn't up par that day. but as uns can see his dump trailer that he built-and me and his mother co-own's:laugh: and his roof over his out door furnace is to receive a tin roof later on this fall. the reason for the road is to allow for being able to back right up to the furnace and dump coal off into what we call a coal room-which is to be underneath the roof area--i think it's gonna be to narrow--but a small lean too could be built off of the roof to allow for more room later.

and the upper part will be for the wood truck to olf load his firewood-normally 20 ft long, which then get into firewood lengths and get split if needed.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,319 Posts
Dang Big Jim, totally missed this thread, totally enjoyed the beginning of you on the dozer!! :good2::good2:

You Da man!

·
Registered
11,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dang Big Jim, totally missed this thread, totally enjoyed the beginning of you on the dozer!! :good2::good2:

You Da man!
OC--That's not me on the dozer--it's the same fella who brought the slate last summer. he's 75 and going. i rented that dozer off that fella to knock over the dead Ash tree's in the other video. ok.:good2:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts