Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
A 48 Loader is too heavy for a 1020 tractor. Yes you can make it fit, but if your tractor has a set back axle you are asking for trouble. Look for a 37 or 143 loader that is made for that small utility tractor. 48 loaders were made for 3010 ,2510, 4010 tractor (row crop).

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
A 48 Loader is too heavy for a 1020 tractor. Yes you can make it fit, but if your tractor has a set back axle you are asking for trouble. Look for a 37 or 143 loader that is made for that small utility tractor. 48 loaders were made for 3010 ,2510, 4010 tractor (row crop).
JD engineers didn't agree with your statement that 48 FEL is to large for a 1020. I think I remember mounting 48 on JD 1020 & 1520 tractors when they were new way back when I was employed by a JD dealer

Attachments

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
19,790 Posts
Michael
I think OP is looking for 48 loader mounting brackets not side frames.
Jim
I did get that one, Jim.
The frame rails I mentioned should be installed prior to installing the loader mounting brackets, for added rigidity.

I do believe you're thinking of the 148 loader. :unsure:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did get that one, Jim.
The frame rails I mentioned should be installed prior to installing the loader mounting brackets, for added rigidity.

I do believe you're thinking of the 148 loader. :unsure:
I did not know about the frames for rigidness. I will see about getting those as well. I really appreciate everyone’s help so far.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
19,790 Posts
SSGROCK17, you may want to hold up on the frame rails.
Is the 48 loaded you have a Quick-Tatch? If so, the mounting frames(brackets)(right, #21 and & left, #8) may incorporate rigidness itself, with the utilization of #2 and #7 in the image below.
Product Font Parallel Rectangle Schematic

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SSGROCK17, you may want to hold up on the frame rails.
Is the 48 loaded you have a Quick-Tatch? If so, the mounting frames(brackets)(right, #21 and & left, #8) may incorporate rigidness itself, with the utilization of #2 and #7 in the image below.
View attachment 808934
It is not a Quick-Tach. It came with a set of C-Channel rails that have the L-shaped rest for the loader itself. That mount does not match up to the 1020 I have. I am looking for the #21 and # 8 by part number.

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Those are different mounts than on my 1967 1020RU with a 47 loader. Mine is a 3cylinder Gas model with swept back front axel.

Reactions: flyweight
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.