Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good breakdown drawing of the 494A clutch assembly on the drill shaft. Mine is no longer working. Looks like there is some type of retainer/clip that is wore and no longer holding the assembly in place so there is no spring tension. Thanks

Registered
Does anyone have a good breakdown drawing of the 494A clutch assembly on the drill shaft. Mine is no longer working. Looks like there is some type of retainer/clip that is wore and no longer holding the assembly in place so there is no spring tension. Thanks
This link should take you to the correct page. There are two different views according to serial number. This page is for serial number 010001 and up:

John Deere Parts Catalog

This page is for planters prior to 1967:

John Deere Parts Catalog

I didn't study the pages, but most of the parts may be the same.

If you need more information, post again and we will try to help you out.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
This link should take you to the correct page. There are two different views according to serial number. This page is for serial number 010001 and up:

John Deere Parts Catalog

This page is for planters prior to 1967:

John Deere Parts Catalog

I didn't study the pages, but most of the parts may be the same.

If you need more information, post again and we will try to help you out.
I looked there first but the PDF isn't the best quality so was hoping someone had something a little better. It is the pdf of the planters prior to 1967. I believe it is part 29 but without a little more clarity it is hard to tell. Thanks

Registered
The first link is for later models with serial number 010001 and up. If you can find someone with an old parts book or someone with a 494A is probably the only hope. I don't recall their being a TM for planters. The only other would be an operator's manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts