Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!! my JD 535 baler will not make dense rolls. it rolled 450 rolls last year. I had the tension cylinders rebuilt last year and the baler worked good. this year it will not make dense bales. I checked the cylinders and they check good. I put all new seals in the hydraulic block that controls the bale density. still loose bales. the density gauge shows pressure as I bale but when I stop putting hay in the baler the pressure goes down. all help appreciated!! john

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
How old are the belts? are they stretched?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
jthayes
Have you performed an internal leak test on both tension cylinders? It's possible tension adjusting valve is faulty. Have you tried baling a bale with baler hyd hoses unplugged from tractor?
AE54856 VALVE, RELIEF (ADJ-4000 PSI) ADD 341.04 USD

·
Registered
359 Posts
jthayes
Have you performed an internal leak test on both tension cylinders? It's possible tension adjusting valve is faulty. Have you tried baling a bale with baler hyd hoses unplugged from tractor?
AE54856 VALVE, RELIEF (ADJ-4000 PSI) ADD 341.04 USD
I know this is an older post.. But, I've never heard of baling without the tractor's hydraulic hooked to the baler. Wondering how that would work exactly?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I know this is an older post.. But, I've never heard of baling without the tractor's hydraulic hooked to the baler. Wondering how that would work exactly?
one disconnects hoses from tractor after tailgate is closed for 1 bale only as a test to determine if tractor scv are leaking internally enough to allow tension cylinders to leak off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts