Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there many guys here on GTT that are running this model? Thinking real hard of buying one in the near future. Are you happy with its build quality, performance and such.

It's getting to be about that time of year again :snow:

Thanks!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I bought a new one this summer but haven't had the weather to use it yet. I am very pleased with the construction and design. It is built like a tank. I did mount it, test the hydraulics and PTO operation, and I am looking forward to some snow to move!

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a new one this summer but haven't had the weather to use it yet. I am very pleased with the construction and design. It is built like a tank. I did mount it, test the hydraulics and PTO operation, and I am looking forward to some snow to move!
Good to know, I haven't seen one in person. Looks like it's going to happen :thumbup1gif:

Anyone else out there? Can't believe ddschuffert and I are the only ones!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
We have one at work that hooks up to our 955. Wish I had it at home. It works really well. Build quality looks like a tank. Can't imagine how one could hurt it.

Reactions: captl27

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, i went and looked at the new blower today (attached to the new 3720) and you guys are right.. The thing is built like a tank. I really like the front hitch and how easy it is to take the blower on and off, pretty slick design. Only thing I'd like to add is some type of chute deflector. Guess I'll figure that out later..

Now all I need is some snow to test it out! :good2:

·
Administrator
18,485 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:

Tractor and blower have arrived. Bring on the snow !:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I put mine on earlier today. Snowblower on the front and a blade on the back.

Attachments

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Administrator
20,973 Posts
You guys with your cabs and big blowers....I'm so jealous.:shhh:

·
Corndog Hater
11,794 Posts
Always liked those big blowers, the cabs aren't too shabby either. But, "Bring on the snow!"...really?:lol:

·
Registered
380 Posts
I also have a JD 59" blower on my older JD855.
It works really well. It can be slower to do a given area then with the FEL and back blade..... However to use these tools you have to have the room to just move the snow out of the way.

At this place I have to move the snow more so than just push it out of the way.

Takes a little longer, but is easier to clean out the corners etc.

Depending on the weather I do wish I had a cab many days.

Enjoy

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm Jealous

That is a sweet looking set-up. It's a little too late to wish for snow up here. Got home from a 3 week business trip in the VA area and got home to 15 below and lots of snow. I warmed up my 3005 and started clearing. I'm using the regular bucket and box blade (beats the heck out of a shovel and snowblower). The set-up you have makes me so jealous (especially that cab). I'm havin to wear the full winter gear with parka and all.
I hope you get some snow soon to test that toy. Let me know how it handles the occasional golf ball size rock and small wood/limbs. I've found the walk behind units find them mysteriously and it chews up things. I wondered about the tractor mounted blowers due to the amount of force exerted. If you found something hidden in the snow how well the blower would hold together and how easily damaged it might be.

·
Premium Member
15,038 Posts
Very nice setup ,,cab and blower ...

·
Registered
380 Posts
That is a sweet looking set-up. It's a little too late to wish for snow up here. Got home from a 3 week business trip in the VA area and got home to 15 below and lots of snow. I warmed up my 3005 and started clearing. I'm using the regular bucket and box blade (beats the heck out of a shovel and snowblower). The set-up you have makes me so jealous (especially that cab). I'm havin to wear the full winter gear with parka and all.
I hope you get some snow soon to test that toy. Let me know how it handles the occasional golf ball size rock and small wood/limbs. I've found the walk behind units find them mysteriously and it chews up things. I wondered about the tractor mounted blowers due to the amount of force exerted. If you found something hidden in the snow how well the blower would hold together and how easily damaged it might be.
--------------
I only experience I have is having the blower digest things like a plastic Tonka type truck............
It makes a HUGE amount of noise and an interesting display out of the spout...........

Good luck

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update:

Think I have an answer for the hydraulic chute deflector for this front blower. After searching high and low I ended up going with a Frontier kit. It's the only one anyone offered that might work right of the box. It's a kit that bolts on and has the gussets, hydraulic cylinder, hoses, bolts and fittings. NO WELDING. The part # is 5RDF0048A for anyone that's interested. This particular kit is used on a couple of their 3 point hitch models (SB1174,SB1164). It cost $283.They also have an electric version but that runs $820! I went with the hydraulic version for two reasons, first the cost and second I already have the 3rd function control right on the joystick.

Got started today but couldn't get it completed. I'll finish it up tomorrow and report back!

All layed out. The top gusset has a slight bend but won't be a problem.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The top gusset has a slightly different bend than the Frontier chute but it flattened out pretty good once I got it bolted down.

The directions say to line the bottom of the gusset up with the bottom of the chute but it fits better up 1/2"

Got all the fittings put together and then tested everything out. The cylinder works perfect. Not too fast not too slow!

·
Administrator
18,485 Posts
That looks like a great deal for the money, can't beat the colors either! Thanks :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That looks like a great deal for the money, can't beat the colors either! Thanks :thumbup1gif:
I agree kenny, $283 isn't too bad fo what you get.

Got all finished up today so I took a couple more photos.

From start to finish this little project took about 2 hours. Kinda fun too. :thumbup1gif:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts