Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my JD 6320 began giving message on the instrument panel (unit) digital screen the following message. "Instrument unit not receiving any data. See dealer." When this happens the rpm needle drops. Also it seems as if when this happens the engine will not accelerate. I checked on the grounds and wiring have been checked and have good connection. Has anyone had this issue?

The tractor is a 2004 John Deere 6320 4wd. Here is a link to a video on the tractor of when it happens HELP! John Deere 6320 - YouTube

·
Premium Member
8,033 Posts
My 6415 did strange things when the battery was going bad. A new battery cured it, just a thought.
My first thought is check/clean/tighten each end of the battery cables.
Next is have the battery "load tested"

Reactions: MaxBec and BigJim55

·
Registered
50 Posts
Recently my JD 6320 began giving message on the instrument panel (unit) digital screen the following message. "Instrument unit not receiving any data. See dealer." When this happens the rpm needle drops. Also it seems as if when this happens the engine will not accelerate. I checked on the grounds and wiring have been checked and have good connection. Has anyone had this issue?

The tractor is a 2004 John Deere 6320 4wd. Here is a link to a video on the tractor of when it happens HELP! John Deere 6320 - YouTube
Without knowing your codes, Id be guessing you tach sensor. Located on front of engine, down on the lower part of the front cover, left hand side. 15/16 or 24mm stubby wrench is what ive used for them. start there if you dont have any codes, these have been known to go go bad and have symptoms like you have

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 6415 did strange things when the battery was going bad. A new battery cured it, just a thought.
My first thought is check/clean/tighten each end of the battery cables.
Next is have the battery "load tested"
Thank you. Its not an old battery but will try that out and have it load tested.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Without knowing your codes, Id be guessing you tach sensor. Located on front of engine, down on the lower part of the front cover, left hand side. 15/16 or 24mm stubby wrench is what ive used for them. start there if you dont have any codes, these have been known to go go bad and have symptoms like you have
Here is an image of the instrument unit code. I will look into tach sensor, however I just replace the temperature sensor over the weekeend because I started getting an "Engine hot" message. Engine temperature is good though. So After replacing it I'm still getting both codes" Instrument unit and engine hot". All wiring and grounds look good.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi did you have any luck fixing this my 6420 is doing the same thing and I have checked wiring the fuse and earths! Really hope it is not a instrument cluster that I need @ $3000

·
Registered
1 Posts

My 6420 is doing the exact same thing, how did you fix it? That YouTube video wasn’t available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts