Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I’ve searched high and low, but can’t seem to find the specs. Before I knew what I was dealing with I threw out the old wire and didn’t get the specs off of it. It was covered in paint and damaged so I may not have been able to salvage the info anyhow.

Part CH20152

It’s number 29 on here.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
How about useing an inline fuse.....just a thought.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If replacing with an inline fuse, take note that fuses typically blow a lot faster in an overcurrent situation than a fusible link. If you can't find a suitable fusible link wire replacement, you'll want to see if you can find a slow blow fuse or circuit breaker setup. You'll have a hard time finding specs for a fusible link because they're not rated for current, they're typically rated as being several wires sizes smaller than the primary circuit wire so they become the fuse by nature of heating up and burning first.

IMO, fusible links are one of those old school implementations that are best left in the past. I seriously can't believe anybody thought they were a good idea at any point in time. Just a terrible idea from start to finish. That being said, that part number does still appear to be available from the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.