Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I recently purchased a JD 70. This is my first tractor and I have some questions about the hydraulic connections. My problem comes when I hook up a disc. When I engage the hydraulic lever I have leakage around the area were the hydraulic fitting enters the valve body. I'm wondering if there should be a O-ring on the long shaft that enters the valve body?

Sorry if the terminology is incorrect. I'm not sure what everything is called exactly.

Thank you.
Gabe

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hello. I recently purchased a JD 70. This is my first tractor and I have some questions about the hydraulic connections. My problem comes when I hook up a disc. When I engage the hydraulic lever I have leakage around the area were the hydraulic fitting enters the valve body. I'm wondering if there should be a O-ring on the long shaft that enters the valve body?

Sorry if the terminology is incorrect. I'm not sure what everything is called exactly.

Thank you.
Gabe

Might have to confirm housing numbers, etc but check out page 75-10

http://m.jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/pdfs/PC0445.pdf

Part No. A3190R (O-Ring)

2 per coupling.

Not sure if they go on the shaft, or inside the bore. Get your flashlight in the hole the coupling came out of.

·
Registered
60 Posts
"O" rings I doubt that is the problem. I used these couplers for years..they are machine fit..no "o" rings needed. Your problem is probably mismatched couplers male and female.. I used pioneer couplings male/female and never had a problem...you may want to check if somehow you have an old JD coupling ???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts