Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to check the supply pressure upstream of the MFWA clutch pack solenoid. The tractor won't disconnect the FWA with 12 vdc power to solenoid coil. I tested the pressure down stream of the clutch at the test port on the bottom of the FWA case. I have 160# with FWA switch off and zero pressure with clutch switch on which would be correct since the clutch is spring applied. What hydraulic port would i hook to to see pressure up stream of the solenoid valve. I thought about unhooking the steel line and teeing in there. I suspect that the fwa clutch pack has a blown seal.

·
Registered
972 Posts
You are probably right. Your pressure is low. It should be 250 psi. Check system pressure on bottom of front transmission housing. There is a port there labeled "System" If pressure is around 250 psi there, you have a leak in mfwd. Sometimes housing gets worn where shaft sealing rings go as well as seals.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will the leaking clutch pack from the FWA rob pressure from the system pressure test port or will the leaking clutch pack not affect the system reading? If it is low at the system pressure port does that mean a weak PQ transmission pump or a clutch pack in the PQ transmission. Are all the PQ transmission clutch packs at zero pressure when transmission is in neutral? Is the FWA clutch pack the only one that is spring applied?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the system and lube pressure gauges hooked up. I have to split the tractor. I have the Reverse Brake and FWA clutch pack leaking bad.

·
Registered
972 Posts
The mfwd clutch is repairable without splitting tractor. However, to access reverse brake pack it is required to split tractor. Mfwd is the only one spring engaged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts