Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys and gals! New to the forum and have read alot of great info! I need yalls opinion about a zero turn i came across. Not sure of the exact year but its a JD 757 with the 25hp Kawasaki engine. The current owner says it does run and cut but will need a "tune up". It shows 1300 hours and he is asking $1700 firm. What do yall think? Is it worth that and if so what should i look for if i go see it? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Im not sure about the motor or the reliability of the rest of the mower but as far as comparing prices around me that is half or less that half the price of what any comparable 757's are going for in my area.

-Jordan-

·
Registered
23,289 Posts
As far as a used 757 - they have a Kawasaki engine which should be about bullet proof for way more than 1300 hours with proper maintenance.

Commercial mowers can be a gamble - if they are privately owned they will be in great shape usually. If owned by a landscape company with different people operating them they can be really beat up.

Needs a tune up? I don’t understand why someone would try to sell a machine without first doing a needed tune up. How does it run?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks coaltrain i dont know why he wouldnt give it a tune up either. Makes me wonder about the maintenance on the mower. I have not been to see it yet.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,096 Posts
Hi guys and gals! New to the forum and have read alot of great info! I need yalls opinion about a zero turn i came across. Not sure of the exact year but its a JD 757 with the 25hp Kawasaki engine. The current owner says it does run and cut but will need a "tune up". It shows 1300 hours and he is asking $1700 firm. What do yall think? Is it worth that and if so what should i look for if i go see it? Thanks!
As far as a used 757 - they have a Kawasaki engine which should be about bullet proof for way more than 1300 hours with proper maintenance.

Commercial mowers can be a gamble - if they are privately owned they will be in great shape usually. If owned by a landscape company with different people operating them they can be really beat up.

Needs a tune up? I don’t understand why someone would try to sell a machine without first doing a needed tune up. How does it run?
It's like saying, there is something wrong and I have no idea what.

jonnyrocket, I would definitely check out the response of the hydros.

Reactions: jonnyrocket

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks gizmo2 i will check them out if i go see the mower. Still looking around for a JD. Hope to go check out a few this weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts