Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another newbie question here. I have a 770 and I’m trying to remove the PTO shaft. PTO works fine and spins as it is but I need to put a brush hog on with a longer shaft and can’t get the shaft off of my machine. Any help would be greatly appreciate it as I only have use of the brush hog for a few days

·
Super Moderator
6,925 Posts
Can you explain your issue a little more in depth? Does your PTOI shaft have the slip collar release or the pin release? Is the release functioning but you just can't pull it off? Or is the release stuck?

btw, a pic is worth 1,000 words! ;)

Reactions: jdforever

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you explain your issue a little more in depth? Does your PTOI shaft have the slip collar release or the pin release? Is the release functioning but you just can't pull it off? Or is the release stuck?

btw, a pic is worth 1,000 words! ;)
Yes. Thanks for the reminder about the photo. I was about to take one when my husband yelled “ I got it !!” We thought it might be rust but he saw a little key lock that had to be pushed down to disengage shift. I think it was it a slip collar release
We are good to go now and have actually just attached the brush hog.
If anyone needs help in the future I will try to get a picture of that key lock
Thank you for getting back to me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.