Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
18,806 Posts
Well I don't know what is wrong, but it sure looks like your oil is full of water! That looks like milk pouring out of there!

Welcome to GTT!

·
Administrator
21,130 Posts
Either water or super aerated. When was the last hydraulic system service?

:wgtt:

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
What others have said. Hydraulic oil shouldn’t look like 2% milk. Water getting in somewhere. Check and make sure the fill plug for the hydraulic oil is on correctly. I’ve seen many cross threaded. Or missing. Or not tight.

Check the fluid level of the hydraulic oil. Could it be way over full?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,033 Posts
I would drain the hydraulic oil into clean containers. Let it sit. if aerated it will settle. If water that too will settle to the bottom. Also you can compare how much drains out to how much should be in there.

Once you know if it's air or water you can try and determine why. I am guessing water.

Reactions: Spectre

·
Registered
993 Posts
Like everyone is saying, looks like your oil is contaminated with water, and that is a serious problem, but that is not causing your leak. Most likely you have blown orings in the coupler. I am guessing the R83630 orings that you can replace after you remove hose tips from coupler. Check item 22 in picture. It can be a single oring in there or a backup washer with a rubber seal I prefer the single oring part number above.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
never seen a issue where multiple scvs failed at once.....keep us posted ...

or is it that the top two failed and oil is just running down the whole block?

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
never seen a issue where multiple scvs failed at once.....keep us posted ...

or is it that the top two failed and oil is just running down the whole block?
Shock load maybe?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Shock load maybe?

dont know....i know in my opperation the upper scvs get used 10times as often as the lower ones so wear n tear....but i have had seeps on one....nothing like i see there.......and that milky fluid is as bad as i have ever seen....somehow i would think the issues are connected

if something like bad contaminated fluid is causing O rings and seals to fail at the scvs ......i hate to even consider whats happening in the whole rest of the system

immediate fluid change is in order in my opinion and like others said save fluid and let it settle out ...or get it tested....no matter what that tractor gets parked till something is figured out

maybe some kind of pump failure is over-pressurizing the system and aireating the oil

was the guys first post i hope we get a answer/diagnosis

·
Registered
72 Posts
I maintained some tractors that ran a hydraulic motor off those remotes.
It could be as simple as the seals where the couples plug in. The leaks all run into the same area below the covers and drain out the bottom. Pull back the black covers and see what is really leaking.
Unless it is just a seal for the hose coupling replace all the seals in that connector. That is just my experience and opinion. When you short cut the repair you could find yourself sifting through the dirt with a magnet searching for BB's as the sun disappears.

·
Premium Member
8,033 Posts
Maybe a dumb question :hide:, but here goes, would water/oil (mostly water) leak by an O-ring that that would not let oil leak by? :dunno: :hide:

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Maybe a dumb question :hide:, but here goes, would water/oil (mostly water) leak by an O-ring that that would not let oil leak by? :dunno: :hide:
I don't know the correct answer to your question but I know if that was my tractor the contaminated hyd oil would have been drained out of hyd system YESTERDAY or sooner!!:gizmo:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts