Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 59" snowblower (also called a 60") from a JD 855. I'd like to adapt it to my JD 4310. I know the tractor mount (for the blower) from the 855 will not bolt on the 4310. I'm wondering if anyone has successfully adapted this. If so, please tell me how you adapted it. Thank you, Ed

·
Registered
269 Posts
There's three key potential differences:
  1. The mounting fixture that attaches to the tractor is different - there's one for sale on eBay right now that will work for a 4310. Search for John Deere 59 Snowblower. The parts diagram shows the same part number for both.
  2. The arms that are on the snow blower might be slightly different where the lower arm attaches to the tractor. I can measure mine if that would be helpful.
  3. The drive shaft between the mid PTO in the tractor and the mounting fixture may have to be replaced. The parts catalog shows two different part numbers.
One could always try to modify the 855 hitch to fit the 4310.

Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you JAllen. I appreciate the heads up. I may try to modify the 855 hitch. I accessed the eBay photos. The top of the tractor mount shows an L-shape that appears to mount inside the frame of the 4310. Do you have a 4310 mount? If so, if you would measure the L-shape part of the bracket that would be of great help.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's three key potential differences:
  1. The mounting fixture that attaches to the tractor is different - there's one for sale on eBay right now that will work for a 4310. Search for John Deere 59 Snowblower. The parts diagram shows the same part number for both.
  2. The arms that are on the snow blower might be slightly different where the lower arm attaches to the tractor. I can measure mine if that would be helpful.
  3. The drive shaft between the mid PTO in the tractor and the mounting fixture may have to be replaced. The parts catalog shows two different part numbers.
One could always try to modify the 855 hitch to fit the 4310.

Good luck.
JAllen, I followed up on the eBay attachment. I hope to pick it up this Wednesday. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Thank you JAllen. I appreciate the heads up. I may try to modify the 855 hitch. I accessed the eBay photos. The top of the tractor mount shows an L-shape that appears to mount inside the frame of the 4310. Do you have a 4310 mount? If so, if you would measure the L-shape part of the bracket that would be of great help.
I'm sorry - I just saw this today. You want the bracket with the "L" shaped top. I have the older bracket for my 4200 - it doesn't have the "L" shaped top and I have to tighten the bolts down quite a bit to keep it from shifting a little bit. I've considered having mine modified so I can put an extra bolt in it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ed, I have that "L" shaped mount that I don't need. I have a JD 855 and bought a 59 snowblower last year that was made for the 4300 series tractors.

Bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for responding Bob. I found one a couple hours away this last weekend and am looking at it this morning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts