Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Ya'll
been gone a while
Figured its time to check back in.

So I have found a model 59 snow blower.

Looks basicly new in the pics.
Its a 1st gen by looking at the brackets.

There are some mounts included but I doubt they are for my 955...waiting on a call back.
Does have somesort of hydraulics but not pic'd

They want $ 750

Is this a deal.....I kinda think so.

Can I get the proper mounts for my 955 or is all that stuff obsolete now??

I'm getting conflicting answers on my google.

Dan in NW Oregon

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
added some pics that may or may not show for ya'll

Hope so

td

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
That mount looks like the one we have at work on out 955. Does it include the mount on the tractor, hydraulic cylinder and pto shaft. If so that’s a steal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: PJR832

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts
All the 59 blowers are virtually the same, only the mounting frames and PTO shaft are different for each model/series tractor. The sort of looks like it's for the 4x00 series but its really hard to tell without seeing the rest of the hitch parts that I assume are not included? Finding the tractor side parts could be a challenge and expensive, but $750 for the blower itself is a steal. If it was close, I'd buy it because it's in much better shape than mine!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Duke,

As J3 noted, it looks like the blower mounting brackets are similar to the ones on my 955. Based on the skid shoes, it appears to be newer than you think, unless they were changed out.

As KennyD also noted, $750 for the blower head is a good deal. The key will be in finding the (2) driveshafts, tractor mounting bracket and lift cylinder, ifthey don't have it. But with the price of a new unit at between $5,000 and $6,000, you can afford to spend $1,000 or so for the missing parts. I paid $2,000 for mine plus freight to get it here, but as I recall, used units were in the $3,000 range

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts