Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I'm assuming JD and Kubota will continue to leap-frop each other with compact and sub-compact tractor features. The new Kubota LA435 Swift-Tach loader for their B2-series looks like a huge improvement. Single point attach is now standard. SSQA is available as is mechanical self-leveling which is rare on a tractor/loader of this size.

Given what JD charges customers for the single-point coupler on the 220R loaders I'm surprised Kubota is making it standard equipment.

Hopefully there will be a 230R loader soon. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kPzXK27FXs

·
Registered
12,495 Posts
I ain't scared, all the fancy in the world doesn't make up for that stupid go go peddle. How many songs have you ever heard about a big orange tractor. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,886 Posts
They don't write songs in the Corporate office......

Pretty cool.

Competition is good. That is why they keep score in baseball.

As a former B3200 owner, the product is just as good as the green stuff.

If they get the backhoe connection as simple as the 375A/385A........

Not a deal breaker for me. I have only removed my loader once.... To install the lines for 3rd function.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
To me the self leveling bucket is the game changer, not the quick attach.
If you use forks a lot, then the self leveling bucket is a great option. It is even a great option when using a bucket.
How many stories have been posted about people dumping large objects off of the back of the bucket & onto the hood of the tractor or themselves?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Just because something is “standard“ equipment, doesn’t mean you don’t pay extra for it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Its good to have competition, keeps everyone on their toes.

That said I do like the hose attach setup, but it in no way would make me buy one brand over another.
The bucket leveler holds nothing for me.
I use a grapple 99% of the time, I don't have forks, they are inferior to a grapple for my uses.
I see no advantage to keeping the grapple level. The angle/level of the grapple is a minor thing compared to being able to grab and clamp something in the grapple.

Some of these innovations are nice but in no way are they enough to make me get rid of my over a decade older tractor.
Especially considering the downsides of buying a new tractor with added emissions equipment.

For sure all these little innovations and improvements are nice but in the end they don't really offer a great improvement in function. What can the tractor do? I can still lift, haul, pull and power attachments with a decades older tractor. Until they make a improvement that really adds a function that I need or can use I'm sticking with what I got.

At certain point all this is just gilding on the lily.

Are the "modern" compact tractors for the home owner/hobbyist built so good that minor little things are that's left?
Seems so. All my experience with these things has been very good, and I have only owned decade or older stuff.

·
Premium Member
10,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just because something is “standard“ equipment, doesn’t mean you don’t pay extra for it.
True. But JD/Kubota prices are already very competitive and JD is going to make you pay $700 extra for the single-point attach AND you can't even get it for the 1-series. JD will make their's standard - wait and see.

·
Premium Member
10,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That said I do like the hose attach setup, but it in no way would make me buy one brand over another.
The bucket leveler holds nothing for me.
I use a grapple 99% of the time, I don't have forks, they are inferior to a grapple for my uses.
I see no advantage to keeping the grapple level. The angle/level of the grapple is a minor thing compared to being able to grab and clamp something in the grapple.
Even with a self-leveling loader you can still manually adjust dump/curl with the joystick. :) So you can have your cake and eat it too.

I don't see an advantage for leveling heaping loads in the bucket as it reduces what you can haul. But it is the best thing since sliced bread when using forks.

Some MSL systems reduce the lifting capacity while others can increase it slightly. Kubota hasn't yet listed what effect the MSL has on this loader.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Curl force is increased with MSL, and I love it when I'm using my grapple, forks, or bucket. I really love it when my wife is lifting me in the bucket to do something. The only down sides sre that it increases the moving parts, and you lose some curl back rotation. It's not enough that you lose any carrying capacity, though.

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts

·
Registered
11,368 Posts

·
Registered
12,495 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
That's pretty neat.

Whelp, bye guys, I'm going orange.

:lol:

·
Administrator
20,350 Posts
Bye. :lol:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I used my self leveling loader (on the 5075e) all day yesterday. I absolutely love it. No worries about dumping material back on the tractor hood. One less thing to worry about overall when raising/lowering the bucket. Used it with the grapple, as well as the bucket. Worked great for both. (...and the advantages are obvious with forks).

The single point connector is great, and the ease of removing that loader is excellent as well.

I love capitalism! The big two manufacturers compete, and we the consumers win! The products just keep getting better and better!

Tim

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Okay, but you better come clean, did you have to ask your boys for this song

Nope got that one on my phone. There is a chance Son of Herminator 2 has it. Son of Herminator 1, less chance because most of his music scares me.:laugh:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Exactly 1.

aaron lewis country boy - Google Search

But it ain’t about no damn Kubota. My guess D21 with a straight pipe.
Great song. Tugs on some heart strings!

To anyone who hasn't used a self leveling loader, they are the bee knees! Having used much larger machines equipped with a self leveling FEL, you get spoiled fur sure!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Kubota would have to have a dealership right next store to me for me to buy one. Kubota does make a pretty good product. But I have a John Deere dealership within 5 miles of my place. There is couple other Deere. Dealerships near me . One of the is mostly lawn and garden stuff only going up to the 4 series. In addition to that they sell Polaris atvs and snowmobiles.

The nearest Kubota dealership is at least 30 miles from me in a direction I seldom go.

·
Administrator
20,350 Posts
Personally, I think Kubota needs to step up their game in the fit and finish department. Every year when I visit the National Farm Machinery show, Kubota is right across the aisle from Deere. The Kubotas feel cheap and thin. They look like minimal engineering compared to the heavier, more solid, and better feeling that Deere has.

This is just a subjective opinion, not fact, and it doesn’t mean Kubota makes a bad product. But when you can compare side to side, it’s Deere hands down anytime.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts