·
Administrator
21,033 Posts
Orange engine? Did I miss something? :nunu:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah, you didnt miss anything...dunno if I mentioned it on here, but this summer I picked up this GL6500 Generator with engine problems...This fall I was "overwhelmed" with my project load so I listed it on CL, after hearing that my FIL came down for T-Giving and offered to help me with it knowing I was TOO busy with everything else going on. 100% Rebuild on the engine, should be done next week some time.

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet Dave, that unit will serve you and your family well! I hope not much was wrong with it! Is the JD break in Plus a 5w30 oil?
Not much wrong at all...Actually the repair bill cost more because of me then the machine...by that I mean while it was apart I figured I should replace everything. New rings and gaskets and a person coulda had her running, but I had a complete head job done, new valves, pistons, rings, hone job....Ultimately I think the dealer the previous owner brought it too tried to soak them....If you think JD parts are expensive....buy Kub engine parts...

Back on topic...in order to keep my stockroom clean, she's gonna end up with Plus-50 in the crankcase and CoolGardII in the rad. :good2:

·
Administrator
21,033 Posts
Ok, so I did miss that...what about the other Genny situation? I though you where trading the PTO one for a stand-alone? Yes, I am cornfused:confused:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, so I did miss that...what about the other Genny situation? I though you where trading the PTO one for a stand-alone? Yes, I am cornfused:confused:
LOL, dont feel bad, I think my wife was too and she saw it happen play by play...lemme see if I can essplain...

-When I picked up the PTO Gen, Dealer said to not hesitate to bring it back if it wasnt what I wanted...called him and rather then trade, he gave me my money back (less 100.00 for the 3 hours I used it, IMO more then fair)...Biggest problem to me with a gasser is I dont keep any gas here, only keep 1gal of 50:1 2 Stroke Mix,

-In the mean time I listed the Kubota I had sitting around here for a few months on CL..

-FIL heard that I was selling the Kub Gen, and knew it was a nice machine and that while I wanted it, I had ZERO time to rebuild it. So, shortly after listing it he called me and said whatever happens first....either I sell it on CL or if when he comes down, he'd grab it if I had it still and work on it. (he's always into a project of some sort)....
SOOO as you can see, he came down for T-Giving and went back home with it, tore it down and we were both very happy with the outcome thus far..

Just FYI...the thought had crossed my mind to repower it with a Yanmar...had I done so, she would have been painted JD green

·
Administrator
21,033 Posts
Thanks Dave, that clears up my corfusion a lot:laugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts