Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found that my gas tank is loose and floating around under the seat. Haven't had a chance to look into the problem yet but was wondering what is suppose to hold the gas tank in position??

·
Premium Member
11,373 Posts
I would need the serial number to verify the exact configuration but I believe the D110 fuel tank is suspended on pivots with a spring. As the tank rocks back and forth with the weight of fuel it lifts a little fuel gauge lever. It sounds like either the tank slipped out of the pivot points or the springs have come loose.

D110_fuel_tank.jpg

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Nothing is really holding the tank. #13 in the pic is a spring that attaches to the pivot. As long as those springs are there you are good.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Springs still hooked up, everything looks ok, I just never noticed how much it moves, maybe because I have never let the gas tank get so empty.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Yup.. That's how the gas hand works. Tank tilts as it gets empty. Very shady operation.. Never accurate.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Springs still hooked up, everything looks ok, I just never noticed how much it moves, maybe because I have never let the gas tank get so empty.
Yesterday I was just looking at D160/170 tractors in front of Lowes. Tried to move the fuel tank by the filler neck. It moves around quite easily. Liked the plastic sight window on my old L108 way better. However the actual gauge on the dash of my X540 puts both of them to shame.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts