Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Ennis Location » BrazosValleyEq.com, TX

Just noticed my dealer relocated and has a brand new building. They had been at the old location for decades. If my memory is correct, they've changed names four or five times. I had seen a new building going up last year, but hadn't heard it was for the JD dealer. It looks very nice and is quite attractive, especially compared to their old building. They made a good decision. There was no room for expansion where they had been.

Probably some of their longtime customers won't like having to drive further to get to the new location. It's further north of town and on the opposite side of the highway. I hadn't really given thought to the idea that maybe most of their prices have been increased to compensate for the new building and land.

How much do y'all suppose they've raised the prices?

It must've been fun having to move all those tractors, implements, parts, and lots of other stuff.

·
Vendor
468 Posts
New Ennis Location » BrazosValleyEq.com, TX

Just noticed my dealer relocated and has a brand new building. They had been at the old location for decades. If my memory is correct, they've changed names four or five times. I had seen a new building going up last year, but hadn't heard it was for the JD dealer. It looks very nice and is quite attractive, especially compared to their old building. They made a good decision. There was no room for expansion where they had been.

Probably some of their longtime customers won't like having to drive further to get to the new location. It's further north of town and on the opposite side of the highway. I hadn't really given thought to the idea that maybe most of their prices have been increased to compensate for the new building and land.

How much do y'all suppose they've raised the prices?

It must've been fun having to move all those tractors, implements, parts, and lots of other stuff.
We actually just built a new headquarters too, closing a smaller store and building a new one. Moving the equipment was the easy part! Moving all of parts, tools, clothing an toys. That was a chore. And by the way, we've had the same name since 1955! :thumbup1gif:

http://www.reynoldsfarmequipment.com/About/Locations/Atlanta,%20Indiana

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We actually just built a new headquarters too, closing a smaller store and building a new one. Moving the equipment was the easy part! Moving all of parts, tools, clothing an toys. That was a chore. And by the way, we've had the same name since 1955! :thumbup1gif:

That's great! Must be a nice feeling to have a new building. Congrats!
I can imagine the labor involved on moving all those parts. Then the fun begins unloading and shelving it all.

Plan on moving as well. Gonna build a new shop after I get everything hauled. Maybe 80 x 100 steel frame. Still trying to decide.

·
Premium Member
14,726 Posts
That's great! Must be a nice feeling to have a new building. Congrats!
I can imagine the labor involved on moving all those parts. Then the fun begins unloading and shelving it all.

Plan on moving as well. Gonna build a new shop after I get everything hauled. Maybe 80 x 100 steel frame. Still trying to decide.
Packing isn't to bad , throw everything into large bins ,being careful of the small items and breakable items. Seems like it takes forever getting those items now in new location and allowing enough room so you aren't moving these items 4 or 5 times . We all know if we build a 80 x100 ,,why didn't I build it another 20 40' wider and longer.

·
Registered
588 Posts

When I visit Indy I always looked forward to seeing that landmark John Deere dealer alongside I-69. That area has gotten very urban, I can see the no room for expansion.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One question I have is, how did my dealer go about moving all that other green stuff? I'm referring to the green paper that they get from their customers.:laugh: With prices these days they must have an overwhelming amount of it. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts