Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JD just sent me an offer to extend my warranty at a significant discount to what they offered me when I bought the tractor. I believe the 4 yr was $1600 when I first bought it. I blotted out my personal code. It pays to wait In this instance or maybe JD needs the money during this Covid crisis. Take a look. Chris
4FBE0563-8008-4D98-8591-ED2F5CE58454.jpeg

·
Registered
684 Posts
I would want to know exactly what all the warranty covers.
My JD I didn't get the extended warranty because I figured that $1,400 would go a long way towards repairs if needed.
I didn't ever get an extended warranty on anything we ever bought, cars, appliances, tools, etc.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,185 Posts
You didn’t say how many hours you currently have on your machine but the general consensus is if your machine has been trouble free so far it’s best just to save the money and put towards future maintenance needs.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Never ever ever ever ever buy extended warranties.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
7,807 Posts
I received the same thing after I bought mine. You will receive a couple more am I think on the next one the price will drop a little bit more if I remember right. Then there will be another but I don’t think it changes. I was tempted but now I am a year past when the two-year ended and I am glad I saved the money. I still won’t know if I was right for a year though.

Reactions: 2ChrisD

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
I purchased the $1,800 extended warranty for BadAss when I got it new and it has more than paid for itself replacing the last three backhoe bucket cylinder rods that bent. I’m still waiting fir warranty on this most recent failure, but thankfully I am still operating after using the pry bar to straighten the rod.
Sincerely

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Hi Fellas. Here's my POV. I wouldn't be cough dead without the comprehensive warranty. These tractors are more and more like today's cars. One, just ONE controller will cost the price of the warranty, never mind the emissions, just because there is an emissions warranty doesn't mean EVERYTHING is covered. I have many friends who have found out the hard way.

It's sad to say, JD has forced there dealers into clones of Auto dealers! No Joke Either! I'm close with a couple of my local dealers,and almost every day they become more,and more like my local Ford Dealer, that just HAD to go very,very large to stay a Ford dealer.

That is why you see more and more hometown JD dealers being forced to sell to the Larger JD multi site Dealers.

They catch on quick to. 12 Months a go I tried to buy a used MCUT from a LandPro dealer, another dealer under LandPro listed a used MCUT I was more interested in, gave them a call,they looked me up, called me back and said I had to negotiate with my FIRST salesman. Told them no thanks.
Happened again with an Atlantic Tractor Dealer 6 months later! What a mess that was, One dealer had a higher priced, more hours, less add on's tractor,started with him, went to call another dealer on a newer lower hour one, got told same thing, " I can't sell that tractor at that dealer at that price". My response was well it's listed at that price I'll take it at the advertised price. No deal. I moved on. They are still E-mailing me to try and sell it to me.

I know this long, but the point is that JD is making serious changes on how things are being sold AND how they warranty things now. It's NOT just a couple of examples. Having SOME inside info from my locals is being backed up by what is happening across the country for some customers,not all, but the list will be growing.

Sad to see, Never thought I would witness JD doing this. If you buy an extended warranty, most if not all the time, everything included with the tractor is covered (attachments) for the full term instead of the normal 1 year.

They even have an NADA like book that guides what a trade in will be worth, and guess what, It goes by the year of your trade and yes the hours, but MY now DOES matter. I have personally had this guide in my hand, and they are required to follow it "as close as they can" , for now.

I'm not writing this to restart an old argument about trade-in values, believe what you will, but "changes are a comming", is already here and that INCLUDES Warranty work!!

Sounds just like an Auto Dealer!!, and Mother Deere is making it that way!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Deere farm boy thru and thru!! Always will be!! But I'm NOT sticking my head in the sand and acting like it's still 1999. Want proof?? We are more than willing to spend 15-35K on a CUT that most farmers would call a TOY. I have! And I couldn't be happier with my GEN II 2032R AND it's extended warranty!! I've slept like a baby since signing the papers!!

It's your money, and your choice, and your roll of the dice. Never thought I would see snapped AXLES, but we know of a couple already!! Actuators at 2000.00, dropped to 1200.00 after part # change. I've got one on mine! The price you pay for having all the toys.

Allen.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is extended warranty available for the Gen II 2025R? After a few major issues I can say I’m less than impressed with some of the components of the machine and have been grateful all major repairs for failures have been covered under my original warranty. Machine was bought new March 2019. My 655 hasn’t had half the number of major issues since new in 1986....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,185 Posts
Is extended warranty available for the Gen II 2025R? After a few major issues I can say I’m less than impressed with some of the components of the machine and have been grateful all major repairs for failures have been covered under my original warranty. Machine was bought new March 2019. My 655 hasn’t had half the number of major issues since new in 1986....
Extended warranty plans are available for all JD tractors.

·
Premium Member
3,767 Posts
Everyone has an opinion, and frankly they are all correct even though their opinions are different than others because their situations are all different.

My opinion? I realize that dealers promote extended warranties to increase profit. Much like other insurance, (and that's all this is, is insurance) they receive more inn premiums than they pay out in repairs. Having said that, when you are making your own decision you need to determine if you can absorb a large repair bill at an inconvenient time. If so, the odds are that you'd be money ahead not having the extended warranty.
I'm making tractor payments, vehicle payments & HELOC payments so I opted for the warranty simply for the peace of mind. In all likelihood, it was not needed because I will average less than 40 hours/year on my tractor.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello. To put the comprehensive warranty(bumper to bumper) on a new or used tractor, the tractor must have been sold LESS than 2 yrs/200 hrs from original sales date. So you have about 10 months to make a decision. Bear in mind the longer you wait the more it will cost, but not too much, depending on your dealer, around 200 more than if bought in the beginning. IMO well, well worth it!

Allen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts