Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question regarding those that have used the fast dry....
Fast Dry Thinner calls for 20:1 (paint to thinner)
Qt container of fast dry paint calls for 10:1

I know the regular paint is 10:1 with the regular thinner ......so........which one is it? I love these types of episodes...We live in the time of ISO 9000 this and that and products by the same manufacturer and paint systems can't even be edited/agree with each other...

I am shooting yellow paint for a 345 deck.
I already shot with 20:1 , but ended up with some runs...might not be giving the paint enough time to flash.....I hung the deck vertically, and all looked great....and then well you know....
I guess I will wait 48 hrs and rehit the deck with 600 sandpaper and then try again...this time..with a tack coat from 20 feet away....waiting 5 minutes and then waiting 10 min between coats

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
How did the paint lay afterwards? Was there any orange peel? If so ,you may want to go to 10:1 as most hardeners ,etc. are mixed at that rate in industrial paints ...but regardless, it sounds like you have a good plan. I find a tack coat really helps in preventing runs. Post up some pics when you get'er done!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No orange peel whatsoever..80 percent of it is likr a mirror..but I fear I have to repaint it all to match..just need to slooooooow down between coats

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
yep...I'm guilty too. Its hard to try and keep from laying on another coat right away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts