Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
20,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2720 that I recently acquired. I got the mid-mount mower (62D) with the independent lift kit. I also have the 200CX loader with the hood guard. My question pertains to the supplied bolts that hold the front hood guard and mower draft arm plates to the front of the tractor's frame. There are two different supplied sets, the ones that come with the hood guard, and the ones supplied with the lift kit for the draft arm plates.

Here's the hood guard installed with the supplied carriage bolts.

IMG_2288.JPG

Here's the current installation (mower front draft arm plates installed) with the same carriage bolts because the supplied ones with the lift kit were even shorter. One of the lift kit bolts are laying on frame rail for comparison. As you can see, the bolts are too short.

IMG_2344.JPG

The ideal bolt would be a little longer M12 x 55 x 1.75 pitch, grade 10.9 flange head bolt or a grade 10.9 M12 x 55/60 x 1.75 carriage bolt. As of right now I have exactly what JD parts calls for but it's not right. Is there a part number for this longer bolt in JD's part system?

·
Administrator
20,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My dealer filed a shortage report for these bolts. I'll have the correct ones in a few days. :good2:

I found out my dealer's parts department has a hardware catalog for general hardware part numbers. I wish that was on JDParts. :lol:

Sent using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Are you sure the lift brackets don't go on the outside of the frame, where the spacers are? I think those spacers are only supposed to be used if you don't have a mower.

·
Administrator
20,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you sure the lift brackets don't go on the outside of the frame, where the spacers are? I think those spacers are only supposed to be used if you don't have a mower.
Trust me, I (actually 56FordGuy and myself) tried every combination of plate location and orientation possible. The mower draft arms links will only fit with the plate mounted to the inside of the frame rails in the "wide" position.

There's also a picture in the assembly instructions...I found that out after wearing the bolts out. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
My dealer filed a shortage report for these bolts. I'll have the correct ones in a few days. :good2:

I found out my dealer's parts department has a hardware catalog for general hardware part numbers. I wish that was on JDParts. :lol:

Sent using Tapatalk.
There is a way to find the bolt you needed on JDparts. You just need to know how to look. :empathy3:

On JDparts look on the left for: "Search for Maintenance Part Information"
Under that heading click on: "By part Specifications"
That will bring you to a drop down menu of parts in alphabetical order
Select: "Bolt or Screw"
Another drop down menu will appear, from it select "Metric Flange Bolt"
Still another drop down menu will appear, from it select "hex head". You will also have the option of selecting from a drawing.
Finally pages of bolts will appear arranged small to large.

For a M12-1.75mm x 55mm grade 10.9 flanged hex head bolt, I come up with part number 19M8112

1 - 5 of 5 Posts