Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When connecting and operating an implement such as a hydraulic dump MCS, would something like this work with the power beyond connection and how would you operate the dump function? Is a rear SCV needed to operate the hydraulic dump function?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As I think this through, I suppose a rear SCV like one of Brian's valves would work or just hookup to the loader manifold, correct?

·
Administrator
17,265 Posts
You need a SCV/Valve. The PB lines have a constant flow of oil through them whenever the tractor is running, so there is no way control it.

Are you familiar with electric/electronics? If so then think of the PB like the bus or grid that's always hot, you tap into that with a switch to control and direct the flow of electrons to the device your trying to operate.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need a SCV/Valve. The PB lines has a constant flow of oil through them whenever the tractor is running, so there is no way control or.

Are you familiar with electric/electronics? If so then think of the PB like the bus or grid that's always hot, you tap into that with a switch to control and direct the flow of electrons to the device your trying to operate.
Okay, exactly what I was thinking. I didn't see an SCV on the hydraulic dump MCS that I looked at, so was wondering if there is another manner in which the dump function is controlled.

Yes, very familiar with breakers/panels, etc... The PB is basically the main service line coming into the house and into the panel feeding 240v to the entire panel and an SCV/Valve is an individual single or double pole breaker controlling a particular circuit. Sound about right? :)

Does anyone have any feedback on the hydraulic dump MCS with the engine? I'm assuming they will work on a 1-series, it's just a matter of getting a boot to work on the 54/60D deck?

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
If you have a 1series than you should be able to use the loader ports for the dump unless for some reason you are using the loader while mowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is a good price for one of these with a Honda GC 160 engine... In very good condition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm using one on a 2305. Plugged into my loader ports. Seems to work ok. Mine has the original kawasaki engine on it. I have a lil over a grand in mine, however while searching e bay a few days ago there were 2 on there starting at around $1800 as I recall.

Keep in mind you will need max front ballast to keep the tractor from doing a good wheelie! lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts