Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Heavy Hitch, and was going to install it. I ordered the Cat 1 Hitch with suitcase weight brackets. It came today and before I go home I was wondering what hardware I need to stop and pick up in order to use it in the JD Imatch? Specifically what bushings do I need? Do these come with a pin for the top link?
I wanna pick these up and save a trip if I can.

·
Registered
12,537 Posts
Just got my Heavy Hitch, and was going to install it. I ordered the Cat 1 Hitch with suitcase weight brackets. It came today and before I go home I was wondering what hardware I need to stop and pick up in order to use it in the JD Imatch? Specifically what bushings do I need? Do these come with a pin for the top link?
I wanna pick these up and save a trip if I can.
You need an iMATCH bushing kit, your dealer will know what you need, just ask for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,279 Posts
This if your buying from a dealer:
LP19969 imatch bushings.jpg

Many farm stores sell them too, but the lower bushings are separate, and then you need a CAT 1>2 and a CAT 2>3 bushing for the top.

Heavy hitch sells all that, you should have just ordered it all from them ;)

·
Premium Member
10,952 Posts

·
Registered
12,537 Posts
I thought there was an issue with the Heavy Hitch and mounting to the iMatch? Something about only being able to use a Cat-2 bushing on the top-link point. There was a thread a while back on it. Or am I confusing this with something else?
If so the bushing kit comes with both sleeves for the top link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I stopped at Farm and Fleet, bought the cat 1 to 2 bushings, then the 2 to 3 bushings and some pins. Top link sleeve would not take the 1-2 bushing, too narrow. The 2-3 bushing does slide in. The 1-2 bushing is too wide, off by maybe a 16th of an inch. I did grind the bushing down to fit.

Bottom lift pins I assume were Cat 1. The 1 to 2 bushing is too small to slide on, and the 2-3 goes on with some slop. Holes in the pins are hidden under the bushings. I guess I will buy the Deere ones since I need them.

I see most people get their orders quick, but my HH order took almost 12 days to get. I'm only 220 miles away!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
As you found, I believe it is the width of the bushing that is a problem with the HH. For some reason the one quick hitch bushing set that my dealer gave me came with bushings that did fit the HH, so there are different sized bushings that will work. Otherwise they can be ground down as you did.

Here's another thread that dealt with this:

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/implements-attachments/55713-jd-imatch-bushings.html

Rob
Or do what I did, and build your own Heavy Hitch style weight bracket.
Now, I know, not everyone can, but its nice because you can make pieces fit where you want.
Mine was especially nice as I already had all the steel on hand so it only cost me the pins and bushings!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Got the JD Imatch bushing kit and all is well. The top link bushing from mother deere fit just fine.
Mother deere likes your doe :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts