Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just purchased a JD iMatch Quick Hitch (cat 1) from my dealer for my 2520. While I was at the dealer things were a little chaotic because I was mainly there picking up my H130 loader and the quick hitch was just a small side diversion to that. My sales guy just handed me the quick hitch by itself. I did manage to ask him if it came with a set of bushings and he said "oh, yeah, let me grab some" and grabbed a set of basic bushings from a mechanic's table and handed them to me. They consisted of three basic sleeve, two for the lower pins and one for the top link (diff sizes). But they do NOT look like the normal 'T'-shaped bushings I always see people talking about for their quick hitch.

So, does the iMatch come with:
A) no bushings and my sales guy just handed me some miscellaneous crap that didn't really belong
B) basic bushings like I described above and the sales guy was right
or
C) one set of the fancy roll-pin fastened T-shaped set and my sales guy gave me the wrong thing

I will definitely be buying a couple more sets of the T-shaped ones for my implements but If I can save $20-30 by making my dealer give me the right thing I'd like to do that.

Also, is there an instruction manual for the iMatch? Even a PDF on Deere's site? I know it seems really simple but I'm a 3-point newbie and this is heavy equipment so I don't want to F it up and wreck something expensive.

Thanks,
Rob

Reactions: OxPath

·
Administrator
18,318 Posts
They "used" to come with the nicer set of shouldered T-bushings as you call them, but that was many years ago. Now you just get the simple (cheap) ones.

Here are the nice ones:
LP19969 imatch bushings.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,765 Posts
So, does the iMatch come with:
A) no bushings and my sales guy just handed me some miscellaneous crap that didn't really belong
B) basic bushings like I described above and the sales guy was right
or
C) one set of the fancy roll-pin fastened T-shaped set and my sales guy gave me the wrong thing
B - basic bushings. In fact, when I bought one of the new style iMatch a year ago it only came with the two lower bushings (basic style). You can get a set of the T-shaped bushings at NorthernTool for $14.99. Cat1-2 and Cat2-3 bushings for the top-link are available from Tractor Supply. I think they are less than $3.00 each.

Also, is there an instruction manual for the iMatch? Even a PDF on Deere's site? I know it seems really simple but I'm a 3-point newbie and this is heavy equipment so I don't want to F it up and wreck something expensive.
Nope - no paperwork is included. But have no fear, don't hesitate to ask as many questions on here as you like. Especially the silly ones, those are our specialty! :)

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
They had one in stock when I bought mine. It ended up being the one on display in the show room. They had a display in the showroom with a CAT1 nested in a CAT2 which was nested in a CAT3 iMatch. We just picked it up right off the floor. I had checked Mutton which was $369 and if my memory serves right that was what they charged or within a couple of dollars.

+1 on the Northern tool bushings cheaper than the dealer and they have the shoulder. They were an internet purchase at NT for me.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I match

The I match for my 1023 was $315.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks folks. Appreciate the quick info!

I just picked up a couple sets of the T-style bushings at Runnings (like Tractor Supply) and a couple cat 1-2 top link bushings and pins. Not too bad. Less than the Deere ones and they are the same T-style with roll pins.

As for prices, what I see most places, including the online 'green' stores is $365-369. My dealer gave me one for $345, possibly because I was bundling it with the H130 loader. Definitely higher price than all the other brands of quick hitches, and maybe the iMatch doesn't do anything better, but I know it works and I know lots and lots of things are built to be compatible with it so I just splurged and got it.

Rob

·
Premium Member
12,765 Posts
I just picked up a couple sets of the T-style bushings at Runnings (like Tractor Supply) and a couple cat 1-2 top link bushings and pins.
You will also need a Cat 2-3 top-link bushing to go over top the Cat 1-2 bushing. With the iMatch all three connection points need to be Cat 3 size.

·
Premium Member
12,765 Posts
My dealer gave me one for $345, possibly because I was bundling it with the H130 loader. Definitely higher price than all the other brands of quick hitches,
In this case Land Pride trumps JD with a price of just under $500 for their QH-15 quick hitch. :-(

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You will also need a Cat 2-3 top-link bushing to go over top the Cat 1-2 bushing. With the iMatch all three connection points need to be Cat 3 size.
Really? So I need both sleeve bushings for the top link and a shoulder bushing that does cat 1-3 for the lower links? Not sure I saw one of those at Runnings. Saw shoulder bushings for cat 1-2 and cat 2-3. Dang, I'll have to keep looking.

Rob

·
Premium Member
12,765 Posts
Really? So I need both sleeve bushings for the top link and a shoulder bushing that does cat 1-3 for the lower links? Not sure I saw one of those at Runnings. Saw shoulder bushings for cat 1-2 and cat 2-3. Dang, I'll have to keep looking.
Yes. When you are finished with bushings all three attachment points will be Cat 3 equivalent.

So you have these on the bottom pins:

iMatch_bushings.jpg

And these inside each other for the top link pin:

Cat1-2-3.jpg

·
Registered
748 Posts
I can't tell you what is supposed to come with your new Imatch, but my Speeco came with one set of lower lift pin bushings.... like this...

z1.JPG

I don't recall what it came with for the top pin, but others are correct. Your top pin bushings will be like this.... a Cat 1-2 under a Cat 2-3

z2.JPG
z3.JPG
z4.JPG

I don't want to tell you not to shop at your local J-D dealer, but the bushings are often more affordable other places. My local Blain's Farm & Fleet has them the cheapest, about $17 dollars for the lift pin bushings, while the same set is closer to $30 at TSC.

Keep in mind that "lift pin" bushings and "top pin" bushings are not the same thing. Be sure to read the bag/box carefully.... I didn't once and it was another 50 mile round trip to town to get it squared away.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So they do make a lower shoulder-style bushing that goes over the cat 1 pin and is a cat 3 size on the OD? I'll have to check what I bought last night at Runnings but I think the package said cat 1-2. According to cat 3 specs the lower pins are 1 7/16" diameter and I'm pretty sure what I bought are not that big.

Thanks for the pics and additional details!

Rob

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Keep in mind that "lift pin" bushings and "top pin" bushings are not the same thing. Be sure to read the bag/box carefully.... I didn't once and it was another 50 mile round trip to town to get it squared away.
I totally get that. I asked the 'farm' guy at Runnings last night which top link bushings I needed and he pulled a set of lower cat 1-2 bushings off the shelf and told me they were it. After he left I looked closer and realized it and then kept looking and found the real top link bushings. I just didn't get the cat 2-3 ones too.

Rob

·
Premium Member
12,765 Posts
So they do make a lower shoulder-style bushing that goes over the cat 1 pin and is a cat 3 size on the OD?
Rob
That is correct.

Reactions: spferdil

·
Premium Member
12,765 Posts
But these don't look like 1 7/16" OD either??
It's just a representative photo to show the style of the lower bushings. As long as you get a Cat1-3 lower bushing you'll be all set.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I just went out to measure the pin-on bushing in this pic, the small part, not the shoulder.

It's 1.440 ± a bit, so 7÷16=.4375. I would say that the bushings are 1 7/16"

z1.JPG

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just went out to measure the pin-on bushing in this pic, the small part, not the shoulder.

It's 1.440 ± a bit, so 7÷16=.4375. I would say that the bushings are 1 7/16"

View attachment 333170
Thanks for doing that. Much appreciated!

Now I know exactly what I need... just need to get some.

Rob

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went out at lunch to look closer at the situation. Both of my current implements (King Kutter 60" tiller and middle buster) are 'quick hitch compatible' and both come with the cat 3 top link already installed. Problem solved for that part of it. I also confirmed what has been said here about the iMatch requiring 1 7/16" lower link bushings. That is the size my sales guy gave me. The shoulder type bushings I bought last night are cat 1-2 so they are not big enough. They'll have to go back, along with the top link stuff I bought (unless my yet-to-be-bought Heavy Hitch needs them). Appreciate all the info offered here in a quick manner!

Thanks,
Rob

1 - 20 of 36 Posts