Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bearing on this 42" lightning snow thrower attachment needs to be replaced. I made a no-no and did not take pictures when taking it apart and am having issues insatlling the bearing and the bracket. I need to know how the bearing is put back in and the bracket. Thanks for the help

·
Administrator
17,327 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

You did not specify what bearing or where the bearing is so I grabbed a picture of the auger for you. The model and serial number will help also and a picture if this is not what you need.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is the bearing that goes on the back of the impeller. Then it goes through the housing and the flange mounts on the housing

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bearing has a side that is flush and a side that has a collar. The flange is the same way. It is flat on one side and has a lip on the other. I looked on jd.com and could not see per their parts diagrams. Any help would be appreciated as snow is coming.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
It is the bearing that goes on the back of the impeller. Then it goes through the housing and the flange mounts on the housing
I have bearings like that on my 318 blower attachment. They are usually 'sandwiched' between two flanges (#3's- in Ken's exploded diagram). The outer race of the bearing is rounded so that the bearing "self-aligns". You usually can see how they get remounted, by the rust/paint marks on the housing. Just a note: Once I have the bearing number, you can save by going to a "Bearing House" rather than the the dealer.........~Scotty

More info- The side with the collar, you will see is 'eccentric'. The collar is also "Eccentric" and keeps the inner race from turning...

Second Edit: As Kenny said: A Model Number for the unit, is 'clutch' in tracking these issues down.........~Scotty

·
Administrator
17,327 Posts
If this is not it then I need a picture, and model S/N.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
#32 and #33. I see how the flange has the lip and it faces out. The bearing I can't tell if the flush side goes in or the collar side. The bearing was $45 from the dealer and it is sealed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts