Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning All!

A few members asked about the JD LED work lights that I opted for on my 1025r, and I said I would start a new thread with some additional pics. Here they are!

I really like them, but the current position is under the hazard lights, which I'm not sure if I'm getting the most from them. They seem very bright, but the pics don't seem to give the same impression. I typically turn one around to see behind, which is more than enough light. (Sorry if the pics aren't that great, I remembered that I wanted to take a few pics when I was about halfway up the lane back to my house.)

All lights on:
Vehicle Mode of transport Road Infrastructure Car

Headlights and Hazards only:
Green Mode of transport Vehicle Night Headlamp

All lights on again:
Green Mode of transport Road Night Vehicle

Here is the same pic I posted in the intro thread with all of the lights on:
Light Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Automotive lighting

And here are some pics of the lights (I actually found these pics on ebay, see links below)
Wire Technology Electronic device Headlamp Auto part

Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Lighting Automotive fog light

Wire Electrical wiring Technology Cable Electronic device

Automotive lighting Headlamp Light Lighting Automotive fog light

New John Deere Dual LED Headlight Kit for Eztrak Series Models Z235 and Z255 | eBay

John Deere Light Kit | eBay

:drinks:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More on the position:

I notice that some tractors have the hazard lights lower on the rops, and some have the extension bracket which places them higher up like mine. I can see the benefit of raising the hazards up, however if you want to put worklights on the top, it puts them above the top of the rops when its folded. The setup guy at JD had some sense, and opted to put them on the bottom, which I was initially very happy about. Now I'm curious to know if I can take off the height extensions, and put the lights on the top?

I don't have a great pic, but I think you can see what I mean here:
Vehicle Outdoor power equipment Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Forklift truck

Can anyone shed some "light" on why some have these extensions, and others don't? I've looked through alot of pics, and I can't seem to find any commonality between year, configuration, etc. Mine was built in 2014, and is supposedly a FILB.

Thanks!

·
Registered
27,245 Posts
Can anyone shed some "light" on why some have these extensions, and others don't? I've looked through alot of pics, and I can't seem to find any commonality between year, configuration, etc. Mine was built in 2014, and is supposedly a FILB.
I think the position of those lights depends on if the tractor came from the factory with a backhoe or not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holy moley, those are way over the top $$$$$! But what do you expect when has JD on it!!

Too rich for my blood I'll stay with my ole Duetz/Allis hand me downs!
The ebay prices are cheap compared to the dealer pricing! I think the total package for lights and guards was $385! It was something I really wanted to have, and didn't want to worry about finding lights, wiring, etc. It all balances out in the final cost, and I feel that the overall price was right for me, so to each his own.

·
Premium Member
16,942 Posts
The ebay prices are cheap compared to the dealer pricing! I think the total package for lights and guards was $385! It was something I really wanted to have, and didn't want to worry about finding lights, wiring, etc. It all balances out in the final cost, and I feel that the overall price was right for me, so to each his own.
Really? I found some JD pricing on-line which shows the price of these as $302.50.

·
Premium Member
16,942 Posts
I would love to know how these compare brightness-wise to the standard non-LED work light kit.

Question - you mentioned that these come with all of the necessary wiring. I don't see that anywhere in your photos. The standard work lights came with harnesses that plug right into the lights and ready made with bullet connectors. On your photos I am seeing 6-inch bare wire pigtails on the lights.

Are you required to assemble your own wiring harness? What actually comes with the lights?

I already have the front and rear work lights installed on my 2720 and I would switch to these LEDs if they are brighter. I would also like to replace my single rear work light with a PAIR of these LED lights as I simply do not have enough light at the rear when plowing at night.

Reactions: HydroHarold

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would love to know how these compare brightness-wise to the standard non-LED work light kit.

Question - you mentioned that these come with all of the necessary wiring. I don't see that anywhere in your photos. The standard work lights came with harnesses that plug right into the lights and ready made with bullet connectors. On your photos I am seeing 6-inch bare wire pigtails on the lights.

Are you required to assemble your own wiring harness? What actually comes with the lights?

I already have the front and rear work lights installed on my 2720 and I would switch to these LEDs if they are brighter. I would also like to replace my single rear work light with a PAIR of these LED lights as I simply do not have enough light at the rear when plowing at night.
The photos I posted are from an ebay listing, because I didn't take any close ups of my installed lights. The lights do come with the entire wiring harness with bullet connectors. I added them as an option to the tractor purchase, so the dealer installed them.

The $385 includes the light guards, on which the LEDs are mounted. The lights by themselves are ~$300

·
Premium Member
16,942 Posts
Thanks - makes sense.

While we're on the subject of JD light kits, has anyone ever figured out the comments in the Build Your Own section?

Text Font Blue Green Line

This is from a 2032R. From this it would appear that the front work light and rear work light are incompatible. Yet we all know you CAN install both and in fact the factory wiring provides for both.

Next there are two brush guard kits. What is the difference? OOS only? The 2032R is only available as OOS.

Why does it say the LED lights have 360-degree rotation? They seem to have the same mounting bracket as the standard work light kit.

All these notes and guidelines seem to be a big source of confusion for anyone trying to figure out what does and doesn't work on their tractor.

Or is it just me? :munch:

·
Registered
776 Posts
More on the position:

I notice that some tractors have the hazard lights lower on the rops, and some have the extension bracket which places them higher up like mine. I can see the benefit of raising the hazards up, however if you want to put worklights on the top, it puts them above the top of the rops when its folded. The setup guy at JD had some sense, and opted to put them on the bottom, which I was initially very happy about. Now I'm curious to know if I can take off the height extensions, and put the lights on the top?

I don't have a great pic, but I think you can see what I mean here:
View attachment 39105

Thanks!
Curious on the reasoning for the extension brackets as well. My 1026R came with a backhoe as a FILB and it doesn't have the extension brackets. Is this item only utilized on the 1025Rs depending upon how they are ordered/configured?

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Those look like a perfect match for set of auxiliary back up lights on a truck or trailer
I run the 27W ebay specials mounted on the truck hitches on my trucks.. I have them dual purpose.. I have a diode inline, so power comes from both a switch on the dash (when I hook/unhook trailers) and the other power source is whenever I put truck into reverse. Works slick!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
11,462 Posts
I hope them lights are gold plated. I bought an led light off ebay for 25 dollars and mounted it to my tractor and plugged into the factory wiring in back so it works off the factory switch. Works great and very bright as a work light in back. And they're built as good as the JD ones pictured on here. It's brighter then the factory lights on the fenders.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks - makes sense.

While we're on the subject of JD light kits, has anyone ever figured out the comments in the Build Your Own section?

View attachment 39110

This is from a 2032R. From this it would appear that the front work light and rear work light are incompatible. Yet we all know you CAN install both and in fact the factory wiring provides for both.

Next there are two brush guard kits. What is the difference? OOS only? The 2032R is only available as OOS.

Why does it say the LED lights have 360-degree rotation? They seem to have the same mounting bracket as the standard work light kit.

All these notes and guidelines seem to be a big source of confusion for anyone trying to figure out what does and doesn't work on their tractor.

Or is it just me? :munch:
Yes, the 2 kits are incompatible. The front work light kit comes with 2 lights and the rear light kit comes with 1 light. Since both kits mount to the same locations that gives you 3 lights for 2 mounts and wires. If you want both front and rear at the same time, get the front kit with the 2 lights and point 1 forward and the other backward. :thumbup1gif:

Mr. Moose

·
Registered
57 Posts
Easy there partner!

Don't get your panty's all twisted. Just made an observation as well as several others. To each his own as you say. Having family still on the farm I have the opportunity to have several sets of standard tractor lights available to me. No they will not "out shine" yours but they work. Enjoy your lights and your tractor.

Again sorry didn't mean to get your hackles up!!

Regards.

·
Premium Member
16,942 Posts
Yes, the 2 kits are incompatible. The front work light kit comes with 2 lights and the rear light kit comes with 1 light. Since both kits mount to the same locations that gives you 3 lights for 2 mounts and wires. If you want both front and rear at the same time, get the front kit with the 2 lights and point 1 forward and the other backward. :thumbup1gif:

Mr. Moose
Actually, I think you missed my point. The two kits are NOT incompatible. :) I have both the front and rear work light kit installed on my 2720. One of the kits, I don't remember which one, came with special "Y" connectors to allow for both front and rear to use the same factor wiring. JD designed it this way.

My point was, if they designed both kits to be installed at the same time why do they continue to list them as being incompatible with each other? It has to cause mass confusion for owners.

Reactions: BigJim55 and Levi

·
Premium Member
5,651 Posts
I'm been watching the various front/rear light posts. There are many options and I want to be pleased with what I do someday. Considering the JD package, but think if I'm going to spend $300 on a set of LED lights I'd probably go with a brand already know and a product that has customer ratings. I've had PIAA's on my pickup for 15+ years, outstanding product!!:good2:

Found these: Amazon.com: PIAA (73122) 1100 LED Driving Lamp Kit: Automotive

They appear to be very similar to the JD package. Does anyone have experience with these?:unknown:

http://piaalights.com/details.php?productName=POWERSPORTS 1100 SERIES LED LAMP KIT

·
Premium Member
16,942 Posts
I'm been watching the various front/rear light posts. There are many options and I want to be pleased with what I do someday. Considering the JD package, but think if I'm going to spend $300 on a set of LED lights I'd probably go with a brand already know and a product that has customer ratings. I've had PIAA's on my pickup for 15+ years, outstanding product!!:good2:

Found these: Amazon.com: PIAA (73122) 1100 LED Driving Lamp Kit: Automotive

They appear to be very similar to the JD package. Does anyone have experience with these?:unknown:
It's odd that I cannot find any reference to this light kit on the PIAA web site.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.