Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the same model and changed the drive belt and one of the idler pulleys a while ago. I took this picture of the belt routing around the idler pulleys (broken idler on the left) before I started the job. Maybe it will help you out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice! Thanks. Did you loosen those bolts on the idlers to drop them down a bit to get the belt around them? I noticed taking the belt off that I couldn’t just pull it out.
I think I must have lowered the pulleys to get the belt around them. I do remember unhooking the big tensioning spring and then having some trouble getting it hooked back up once the new belt was in place.

Yes, I will tear down the carb. I'm having trouble keeping it running longer than 15 minutes or so after pouring some gas into the air intake, so I'm wondering now if I am actually getting gas from the tank. How long do you figure the engine would run from a few ounces down the intake?
Thanks for your comment.
Rob
At idle, I'd expect the engine might run for a minute or 2. 15 seems a bit long, but maybe? If you could put a load on the engine, I think it would die out pretty quick.

·
Registered
97 Posts
One exception, if the blades are NOT on I can get off the seat and the motor keeps running. If the blades are on, the motor shuts off. I'm thinking I might leave it this way. I don't use cruise control, so unless I'm missing something there isn't any risk in this scenario. I like ability to get off the tractor to open the shed doors without it shutting off. Is there a risk I'm missing in leaving it this way?
On mine, with the PTO off, if I get off the tractor the engine will die unless I set the parking brake first. I can't start the engine unless I press the foot brake or have the parking brake set. I must be on the seat when the PTO is engaged or the engine will shut off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.