Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
If it was my lawn tractor, I would pull the carburetor and check the plastic float for heat damage, and other heat related issues. The fuel pump diaphragm is probably damage also from the fire. Just do it right and replace the fuel lines, and any damage wires that have shown the fire damage. (One wire at a time) There probably no internal engine components damage, due to the fact it is a air cooled engine and it can take a lot of heat other than the seal at the lower crankshaft.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I would bet the carburetor is badly damaged to the point it is no longer serviceable. From the JD Parts it shows the LX255 has three (3) carburetors depending on the Engine Model ..Serial Number.
The fuel pump is working as it is pumping gas from the tank, but, the carburetor functions are just barley getting fuel to the combustion camber. I would also replace the "whole" wiring system with a new wiring harness from JD Parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.