Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get parts for a Model 44 Manure spreader? I've got one that's in reasonably good shape, but the pawl skips over the rachet at anything but low rpm. I'm thinking the rachet is worn- the edges are somewhat rounded.
Ideas? thanks in advance.

Registered
Welcome to GTT.

Are 44 spreader parts no longer available from the dealer?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to GTT.

Are 44 spreader parts no longer available from the dealer?
Thanks! I've got a JD 4710 that I pull the spreader around with, and it's great. But, no, I've tried various places on-line to order the part and I get back messages that say it's obsolete / out of production / no longer available. I'm hoping someone knows of a source that stocks all manner of old parts, or someone has a spare one laying around looking for an owner. I don't want to scrap the spreader, but I can only put about a third of a load in it and run it at really low RPM so the pawl catches the ratchet and advances the chain. I had a new idea spreader that was way smaller, and I traded up for this one, but I could load more into the New Idea than I can with this one.

Registered
Do you have the JD part number? I can check the local dealer who has been in business since 1947.

Registered
I'll check this evening.

Reactions: pcabe5

Registered
I tried JD parts website and it said it was no longer available. Might try calling tractor salvage yards and hope you get lucky. Most likely the parts that are worn out on yours are the same ones worn out on one in a scrap yard. That's my luck anyway. There is one a couple miles from me for sale but it is pretty rough shape. I've never looked close to see what model it is but it looks similar. Been sitting a couple years now because they want to much for it.

Registered
I struck out also. Someplace there has to be an old JD dealer with one or two laying in a bin. Or, maybe there aren't any "old" JD dealers left.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts