Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Came across this site as I was researching info for my MCUT 2520. I have a 07 2520 and having my first major problem with it as it will start but will not stay running. Done some troubleshooting, plan on doing some more today.
Will give more details once the day is done. Really enjoy my 2520 and it is a "workhorse" for its size.

Been reading many of the post and can relate to many of them. Well heading out to see if i can figure what is "John's problem".

MDS

·
Administrator
20,713 Posts
:wgtt:

Check your fuel solenoid on the injector pump. Is it getting power in the run position? Is it staying "pulled in" after you've run the starter? If not, check to see if it's getting 12v at the connector with the ignition set to run.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
:gtfam:

My first thought given your description is fuel starvation. I'd be checking that.

(dieselshadow types faster than I do!!) :laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,488 Posts
Welcome to GTT MDS. I'm always late to the party.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts

First off, Welcome from New York.

Check your fuel solenoid on the injector pump. Is it getting power in the run position? Is it staying "pulled in" after you've run the starter? If not, check to see if it's getting 12v at the connector with the ignition set to run.
Not sure if Jason was referring to the ignition switch, but I had may encounters of "start but will not stay running" as a worn out ignition switch, (or in one case of a gas engine, a bad coil resistor). I can't say on a diesel, but it's worth a look.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Welcome from WV.

I agree with Jason. He was talking about checking for power at the fuel solenoid. Have you done any recent maintenance to recently? Another member of the forum recently changed the fuel filter/water separator and forgot to turn the fuel back on so check that. The vent in the tank may be plugged and causing a vacuum on the tank try loosing the filler cap and see if it makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
14,735 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JD 2520 DRIVER thank you

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the welcome!

Worked on my tractor most of the day looks like an issue the fuel cutoff solenoid. Will post more details in the MCUT forum.

Again thanks for the welcome and the troubleshooting info.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
5,542 Posts
:gtfam:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts