Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally was able to get to mowing(brush hogging) my great aunts meadow-as some of it lays wet for the summer. and this spring and summer here has very wet. never got stuck in them places, but the tires got soaked in them. this meadow i suppose would be roughly maybe acre and half--same size she has on the hill, i mow too. all together there are 5 acres same as i have at my place. only her place has a log house on it too. my dad helped build the newer house on it in 1952 to 53 or 54-can't remember for sure-but my dad and her dad's initials are in the cement floor in the basement.

the farm ur looking at past the fence row-their son has it now-we are the same age-graduated together even. he has a big Branson cabbed tractor--over a 100 pto horse power machine. runs a 12 ft bat-wing mower-so he can do the entire section of his meadow to what i get accomplished in a afternoon. course he has never had children and once divorced :laugh: the 2nd woman is a nice lady-always talks to me.
the swamp grass-that's what i call it:dunno:grows in clumps in the wetter places-was really high-probably from the rain we have had. makes for a rough ride thru the field, so had to run 1st gear-took over 3 hrs to do it. as i do the ends-i realize why the old timers went to a 3 pt attachments-made for tight corners and turning at the ends so much more easier. listening to pto drive-line chattering as i turn makes think of that every yr.:laugh:
just a sideway pic to see how high a field can get to-by missing a yr and not mowing it then till early fall. it could be gone over again in a month from now-so its smoother in th springtime then. i'm hoping i get to mow this place for another 10 yrs or so--hoping they live longer-but she(my aunt) is 72 now-he's 74--so that would put them in the 80's-but none of us know when the last kicking the bucket gonna happen. for now just happy to be able to do it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Looks like it did a good job. I love to hear those old two cylinders work. Especially if they start to bark a bit.

Looks like a nice piece of property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Old Pa-pa
11,322 Posts
Good job of knocking that stuff down Big Jim, bet the old Deere had to dig down deep a couple of time. :good2:

·
Registered
11,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good job of knocking that stuff down Big Jim, bet the old Deere had to dig down deep a couple of time. :good2:
that swamp grass was and is tough-i think-when it would hit that-the governor would indeed make it bark a lot-and the fact i got a straight pipe on it-helps too:lol:
music to my ears, when it gets to lugging like that.:bigthumb:

·
Corndog Hater
11,106 Posts
Looks great, thanks for the pics Jim!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts