Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here my lack of knowledge of doing a video on my phone, while trying to steer and hold it at the same time.

don't shoot :hide: the messenger-ok. just laugh right along with me.:lol: but-hey i tried making uns a video-right:bash::bad:

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
:lolol: man that made me woooozy watching. Know the feeling looks like my round bale hauling pic. Hard to do and drive.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Sounds like the old 50 is running good. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Good one Jim. :thumbup1gif: Tough job holding the phone and taking video at the same time.

Does your 50 have power steering? I noticed it didn't have the power steering disc on the center of the steering wheel.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,311 Posts
Think I untangled the link, this should get you there:

20180916 171143-phone must of been in upside down-ugh! - YouTube

Who knew Big Jim was such an acrobat, doing a handstand on the 50's seat and taking a video all at the same time.

The old boy has got some talent. :thumbup1gif: :laugh:

Like the sound of it Big Jim! :good2:

·
Corndog Hater
11,102 Posts
I think at one point in the beginning of that video, I was under the tractor, but then I got up on the steering wheel and all was good. Sorry Jim I just had to bust your chops!

Seriously, I love the way that 50 sounds, and the fact you work it is even better!!! Keep the videos and pics coming buddy!!!

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
I closed my eyes about 15 seconds into it and just admired the sweet sound of that 50 :good2:

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Tractor looks good and sounds awesome! I just rolled my MacBook over to watch it.

·
Registered
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Good one Jim. :thumbup1gif: Tough job holding the phone and taking video at the same time.

Does your 50 have power steering? I noticed it didn't have the power steering disc on the center of the steering wheel.
no power steering on it-i only wished now i'm older--my step pap bought his 50 when i was in 2nd grade-and the first time i drove it-i thought wow-how much easier it was to steer than his ole model B's he had then. I stuck the sticker i got with the kit-lots of people look up underneath the fan to see if the lines are there-oh:mocking:

Think I untangled the link, this should get you there:

20180916 171143-phone must of been in upside down-ugh! - YouTube

Who knew Big Jim was such an acrobat, doing a handstand on the 50's seat and taking a video all at the same time.

The old boy has got some talent. :thumbup1gif: :laugh:

Like the sound of it Big Jim! :good2:
i went back and seen what i done wrong OC-and changed it --but thanks for looking out for me-too.:lol: i begged my woman to come up on the hill and take a video for me-cause i too-just love the sound it makes when the govenor kicks in when it hits some thicker places-especially going up hill then. throttle was around half to 3/4 set. it needs a new clutch in it--rear end needs split to replace the gaskets-as it leaks oil it seems like a slive the last couple of yrs. have to fill it up beginning of each yr. pretty sure this fall its getting fixed. it uses a little motor oil-but not much. i redid my pto clutch pac several yrs ago--when i bought it in 88 spring of that yr. to rebuild it then-was somewhere a couple of hundred bucks------2006 or 07 it cost me almost $700-and i used mostly api parts from deere-parts guy said if i want deere parts it would be $1,000. so these old deere parts are lined with gold don't u know:dunno::lol:

heck i only paid $800 for it when i got it. got a old,old loader with it, a snow plow that worked off the two cylinders that lifted the plow, loader by cable. suppose to have been a aftermarket loader at the time that u could buy thru deere. all my pics of it thru them yrs are gone-all on a disc the boy copied to-and windows can't open that disc. he did it on our dell at the time.:banghead:
this tractor was bought right down the road from me at the jd dealership which started out as a black smith shop a mile from me where i live at. so it has history with me for sure. i will have to die before it leaves here for sure.

I closed my eyes about 15 seconds into it and just admired the sweet sound of that 50 :good2:
yes i love the bark it has for sure.

Tractor looks good and sounds awesome! I just rolled my MacBook over to watch it.
i guess i could turn my lap top over too--my wife should be ashamed of herself-huh. oh-com-on agree with me-ok:lolol:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
BJ, the video may be upside down, but just hearing that thing purrr was enough to make me happy.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
i guess i could turn my lap top over too--my wife should be ashamed of herself-huh. oh-com-on agree with me-ok:lolol:
I told you BigJim. :lolol:

·
Registered
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BigJim, I too enjoy watching you have fun working the 50. Good sound!
Just wanted to mention that you might want to put a wrench to the bolts where the case is leaking. If they seem to be loose, you might get lucky and not have to split it apart.

tommyhawk
too late for that-as i did that yrs ago. back then i poured some STP in with the oil--:hide: that helped over the yrs a lot-imo.

back when i had the loader on it--the cylinders leaked bad too. and i took them to a machine shop and he made me a set of sweepers for inside out of brass-but over time they wore down too-so i took one at a time down to work with me-and took the cylinder apart-and took and cut a truck mud flap into a circle and then bolted that inside. that worked great for the one side. i must of been a bit off on the other side-as it still leaked a bit. but nothing like they had leaked.

reason for taking them with me to work-they had a 5 ft pipe wrench and big, big vise to hold the case from turning. that 5 ft pipe wrench did the trick in turning the outside nut off-but slow coming off-cause they had fine threads on it.

but my old mechanic friend ran the garage down there(next to D.C.) they was going to get rid of 3 full 55 gal barrels of oil(chevron)back then. he asked if i could have them-higher boss and owner told me to take them home over the thanksgiving holiday-so after i got off my 2nd job(i worked at a little sand company in Laurel, Md., screening sand enough to start the first round of trucks out in the mornings) i was to come back and load the barrels. man i was tickled to death to get them barrels back then. :yahoo:so it didn't seem so bad adding oil each time to use it to plow the snow off the lane we used-or get firewood in. but its getting fixed this winter-just got to get my name on the list is all now. new clutch and the oil leaks fixed--then i'm gonna want to overhaul it yet:laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts