Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this for one of my older friends who doesn't do the internet. My friend is restoring a 1948 Model A, 12 volt magneto with serial # 612093. He's looking to acquire a wiring schematic/drawing for the tractor. He has our local dealership searching for one but so far that hasn't happened. Can anyone here help with this?

Thanks in advance.
Jim

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ill try to say this as nice as possible, but your first step is to stop going to your local dealership. Deere has all the parts manuals online to download for free

John Deere - Parts Catalog

Select the 675 and it will either download or open, and in section L, there is the wiring, you may have to look at a couple more pages thats it in a nutshell. You can also order, from Deere, the service manual and operators manual. You may find some jensens manuals around, but in my most humble of opinions, run away from them...

If you need anything else, just hollar and good luck, they are pretty simple

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill try to say this as nice as possible, but your first step is to stop going to your local dealership. Deere has all the parts manuals online to download for free

John Deere - Parts Catalog

Select the 675 and it will either download or open, and in section L, there is the wiring, you may have to look at a couple more pages thats it in a nutshell. You can also order, from Deere, the service manual and operators manual. You may find some jensens manuals around, but in my most humble of opinions, run away from them...

If you need anything else, just hollar and good luck, they are pretty simple
Thanks. I'll look into this for my friend. The reason that I posted this thread was that he had already gone the local Deere dealership route and was told that they couldn't help him. This is normally a very helpful dealership and he is a long-time customer there so I posted the request w/o following up for him.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Its unfortunate that your local deere dealer doesnt have a clue. My local still has all the old service manuals and parts books laying around and always let me pick through them.

That being said, there is one other item that i think everybody should have, that you wont get from Deere. The late Great Duane Larson compiled a cd containing ALL the old service bulletins and is simply amazing. If it was a deere issue thing i would be more than happy to send you a copy,. but this was a private thing done a guy who we lost and his widow is holding his site up, so i do what i can to support his legacy.

Service Information for two-Cylinder John Deere Tractors

She is a wonderful person, and its one of the best 35 bucks you will ever spend

1 - 4 of 4 Posts