Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a Model H that does not run, and needs substantial work. Including paint, stack, maybe radiator, seat, etc. Dad passed away in December and my family claims it wasnt his it was theirs. They wish to sell it. I know it was his but to safely settle yet another dispute I was wondering how much this little tractor is worth. I don't want my dad's project to leave so I'm willing to pay to keep it here. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
20,285 Posts
A tractor that doesn't run and needs extensive work to become usable again isn't worth a lot. But each market is different....

Do you have any pics? If it's a rare machine with rare options, it could be valuable. If it's a plain Jane model, then I could see it being worth roughly $500 as a parts machine.

To give you an example, I bought a running, driving, fully functional model 60 for $1600.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1469615505.193856.jpg

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the help. I just don't want to have it leave. We have two Model A's he got as payment for a job and one is getting redone this winter.
Along with my 494A planter.

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
The family connection adds a variable that we really can't account for. The tractor, as just a non running model H is worth little better than scrap prices to most buyers. It didn't belong to their father though. We're not talking about a ton of money to start with, so if you had to pay double our estimates and give $1,000 for it I don't think you'd be making a bad choice. If you and the family are looking for a fair starting point though, about $500. Expect to spend thousands fixing it up, tires alone will probably be $1,500.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts