Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One if things I enjoy about old tractors is that you never stop learning. Can anyone advise if there is a way of checking the transmission oil level on the model R? I know there is a point for a pressure gauge to check pressure (why they never connected it to a gauge beats me) but no way of checking the level?

Russ

In the Uk - 250miles on the road with the R so far this year!

·
Registered
10,052 Posts
One if things I enjoy about old tractors is that you never stop learning. Can anyone advise if there is a way of checking the transmission oil level on the model R? I know there is a point for a pressure gauge to check pressure (why they never connected it to a gauge beats me) but no way of checking the level?

Russ
As best I can remember, the transmission case and differential housing share the same oil.

If your "R" is equipped with a Power Shaft(PTO), the Transmission/Diff Oil Level is checked from a pipe-plug(#55, or #56) on the left side of the Power Shaft housing.

oil check.png

If your "R" is NOT equipped with a Power Shaft, the Transmission/Diff Oil Level is checked from a plug(red arrow) on the left side of the differential cover.

cover.png

1 - 3 of 3 Posts