Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchasing a lightly used MX5. Unit Serial # is W00MX5X012642. Does anyone have a decoder to tell me what year this implement is?

·
Premium Member
7,898 Posts
A JD dealer should be able to. If it has a "Made in Spain" gear box don't buy it. They have had blade carrier shaft of the gear box shear and JD will not stand behind them.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
To my knowledge only a dealer or an employee of JD has access to that info. You may get lucky, we have a few here that may see your post.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I've read in other threads to stay away from the MX series that have a gearbox with tag showing it was mfg in Spain. Seems the output shafts tend to shear off, rather than the MX series that now have a China gearbox.
Any feedback or input on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Thank you. I've read in other threads to stay away from the MX series that have a gearbox with tag showing it was mfg in Spain. Seems the output shafts tend to shear off, rather than the MX series that now have a China gearbox.
Any feedback or input on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zebrafive is right. If it says spain, then it's one of the bad ones. I think they started making the good ones in 2011...or right around there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts