Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Questions regarding the JD Oil Analysis program.

Somewhere I heard that the kits have an expiration date. Is that true and if so why?

Are the kits only for engine oil or can they be used on hydraulic oils as well.

Can they be used for engines that are not JD or does the program have to have a JD serial number tied to the sample?

And finally last question: do you have the kits for sale.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I don't think those test kits are too popular with most people on this site, so you might not get too much info here. Hope Im wrong on that however. I think thses kits were intended for heavy duty equipment like excavators, bulldozers, etc. That's what I believe the intended use was for. Your best source of information on this will probably be from your dealer. Good Luck.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maddog....I believe Furu is asking Green Farm Parts (vendor/dealer) as he is in their sub forum.
Very good thank you.
Waiting for an answer as I have no idea how often they check their sub forum.

As to my dealer they knew less than I do and they are the largest in the state.

·
Administrator
17,970 Posts
I have used Blackstone Labs before for UOA, no clue on what JD offers.

·
Vendor
468 Posts
Thanks for the note. The JD Oil Scan kits are primarily used for Ag and Construction/Forestry applications. On the parts end we deal very very little with these - mostly the service department. As far as the expiration date goes, we've never been told why there is an expiration date?!?! I just know that we were caught with our shorts down about a year ago and had to toss out a couple of dozen because they had reached the magical date. Sorry I don't have more information.

I also wonder why bottled water has an expiration date!? :lol:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Questions regarding the JD Oil Analysis program.

Are the kits only for engine oil or can they be used on hydraulic oils as well.

Can they be used for engines that are not JD or does the program have to have a JD serial number tied to the sample?

And finally last question: do you have the kits for sale.
Thanks for the note. The JD Oil Scan kits are primarily used for Ag and Construction/Forestry applications. On the parts end we deal very very little with these - mostly the service department. As far as the expiration date goes, we've never been told why there is an expiration date?!?! I just know that we were caught with our shorts down about a year ago and had to toss out a couple of dozen because they had reached the magical date. Sorry I don't have more information.

I also wonder why bottled water has an expiration date!? :lol:
Thank you for your response. So they do have an expiration date, thanks.

Do you sell them or only in service department?
Are they good for hydraulic oil or only engine oil.?
Does it require a JD serial number or can they be used for other equipment?

Thanks

·
Vendor
468 Posts
Thank you for your response. So they do have an expiration date, thanks.

Do you sell them or only in service department?
Are they good for hydraulic oil or only engine oil.?
Does it require a JD serial number or can they be used for other equipment?

Thanks
We have stopped selling them online. Again, I don't know a lot about them but I believe they are good for all types of oil and equipment without a serial number reference.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
FURU- I would like to ask why you think-or need to do a analysis of your oil. Do you suspect its emulsifiying from water mixing in with it or anti freeze. Is it foaming. Im just curious as to why you want to test the oil. I don't think you stated the reason. Thanks

Maddog

1 - 11 of 11 Posts