Green Tractor Talk banner

JD Parts no longer showing dealer stock status?

3K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  DRobinson 
#1 ·
Has anyone else noticed that JD Parts is no longer showing dealer stock status? It's been a few days since I looked up something and this morning I was checking a part for someone and noticed that the detail screen is no longer showing "quantity on hand". I checked a few different parts including common items like a battery and nothing is showing stock status.

Just curious if this is something individual dealers can enable/disable or if it's a global site change?

It also looks like there has been a parts price increase very recently. The battery shown below was around $97 just a week or so ago.

Part Number:
TY26498A
Part Price: 126.70 USD
Core Value: (18.00 USD)
End Price With Core Return: 108.70 USD
Description: Wet Charged Battery - BATTERY,WET,12V,BCI 22NF,CCA 500
Package Quantity:

See less See more
Reactions: JD4044M and glc
#2 ·
Hmmmm, mine still shows availability. I assume you have created an account and chosen a dealer. You may be right, the dealer can change status if they want????

Part Number: TY26498A
Part Price: 123.55 USD
End Price With Core Return: 105.55 USD
On Hand: 6 (Supplier Direct - Contact your dealer for availability) Check Other Stores
Package Quantity:

All Makes Parts from John Deere Where Used

#3 ·
Hmmmm, mine still shows availability. I assume you have created an account and chosen a dealer. You may be right, the dealer can change status if they want????

Part Number: TY26498A
Part Price: 123.55 USD
End Price With Core Return: 105.55 USD
On Hand: 6 (Supplier Direct - Contact your dealer for availability) Check Other Stores
Package Quantity:

All Makes Parts from John Deere Where Used
Yes, of course. I haven't changed anything in several years. The page still shows my default dealer. Maybe it's just a fluke, I will continue to monitor.

#5 ·
I can... but I did that once before when I was looking fora part and it came up with a message saying it was notifying the dealer of the change. Odd, eh?

Reactions: JD4044M
#7 ·
My dealer has never shown stock on hand.
Its been quite a while since I worked there, but back then they could choose to show it or not.
If I recall, I think it also had something to do with the inventory software they used. Some linked fine with Deeres system and some didnt.

Just a WAG, but Id say they had that feature initially due to the software compatibility issues, and never got rid of it.

Ill say too that I always call no matter what. They could have 5 of a part in stock, and all 5 on hold for someone else, so none available.
Or, in some cases, things are available in package quantity only, and if the dealer doesnt want to stock the extras, you have to buy the package. On the off chance that someone did that and the parts are still waiting on pickup, the parts guy might let you know that instead of telling you they have none or the system saying none due to order status.

#8 · (Edited)
Evidently the GREEDY PEOPLE that bought out my local dealer think JD parts don't cost nearly enough as they've added a substantial % to JD's MSRP. Anyone know what the following disclaimer means? Note : All prices include GST. My shopping cart doesn't show dealer part quantity similar to the way it once did either.

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
Thats not the same part as shown above. Add an "A" to the end of it and see what the price is.

Not saying they dont mark them up, because they certainly have the ability. Several dealers do mark up over MSRP, some sell below.
Personally, I think the guys marking up parts just dont want to sell parts to the general public, and they wont once people find out they are getting the shaft from their dealer and realize places like GreenFarmParts exist.
My dealer used to offer a discount if you used JDParts to order your parts online.
They quit doing that because guys would order the wrong parts, then get upset that they didnt get the discount after the parts guy got the right part.

Reactions: rydplrs and JD4044M
#12 ·
Evidently the GREEDY PEOPLE that bought out my local dealer think JD parts don't cost nearly enough as they've added a substantial % to JD's MSRP. Anyone know what the following disclaimer means? Note : All prices include GST. My shopping cart doesn't show dealer part quantity similar to the way it once did either.
What disclaimer?

#14 ·
You have to use the parts advisor site now.
Parts Advisor just links to this same JD Parts site once you put an item in your shopping cart.

#11 ·
I just checked two local, unconnected dealers. Both show the same price for TY26498 Battery at $166.49. However, both show the TY26498A as no longer available. Neither show quantity on hand

#15 ·
That's very odd as we've seen notes from JD indicating just the opposite. i.e. They are doing away with a lot of the dry-charged batteries.

#19 ·
Has anyone else noticed that JD Parts is no longer showing dealer stock status? It's been a few days since I looked up something and this morning I was checking a part for someone and noticed that the detail screen is no longer showing "quantity on hand". I checked a few different parts including common items like a battery and nothing is showing stock status.

Just curious if this is something individual dealers can enable/disable or if it's a global site change?

It also looks like there has been a parts price increase very recently. The battery shown below was around $97 just a week or so ago.

Part Number:
TY26498A
Part Price:126.70 USD
Core Value:(18.00 USD)
End Price With Core Return:108.70 USD
Description:Wet Charged Battery - BATTERY,WET,12V,BCI 22NF,CCA 500
Package Quantity:1
Ok... you know the end is near when you start replying-to AND quoting your own posts. I have no idea what is going on within the JD Parts system but I just signed on AGAIN today and checked the same part number. It is now back to the old price of $97 AND it is once again showing dealer stock status.

Thank goodness I pasted my previous results in yesterday else I would think I was seeing things.

This is the look-up result from 5-minutes ago:

Part Number:
TY26498A
Part Price: 115.18 USD
End Price With Core Return: 97.18 USD
On Hand:
3 (Supplier Direct - Contact your dealer for availability) Check Other Stores
Package Quantity:

#21 ·
This is like being in the twilight zone. TY24698A (wet charged) is 97.47 at my dealer and also shows stock on hand, albeit zero.

I agree with TxJim about five digits in the part number. In this case I believe the A designates the wet charge, but I'm guessing. In my days behind the parts counter, the A suffix designated a part made by the Plow Works in Moline. If one was to order a part with five digits and a suffix the JD parts order system would not recognize the number. For example if one placed an order for T19044T, the number would be kicked off of the order. T19044 brought you an oil filter for a later model Dubuque engine.

By the same token a part number with four digits required a suffix to be legitimate. For example, Z9298 would be kicked off. Z9298H would get a pitman stick for a number 5 mower.

#24 ·
How about this one from google?

GST (Goods and Services Tax) is an indirect tax that has replaced many Central and State taxes like excise duty, VAT and service tax. It is a single comprehensive tax levied on all goods and services produced in India as well as those imported from other countries.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.