Green Tractor Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Worksite Pro 911 hoe attachment that I just had shipped to me. All is fine except the floor peddle that controls the extender is frozen. It won't budge. I assume it's rusted, though there's no rust showing and the whole hoe looks like new. I've put WD-40 on it and hit it all day with a small sledge. Nothing.

What's strange is that this peddle is nothing but a shaft riding in a 3 inch long tube at the base of the valve-control mast. It was clearly assembled at the factory by welding both ends so it's not possible to remove it. Since it's so stuck in there, I've had to disconnect the linkage to the extender valve and operate it by hand. But, that's a hassle.

Has anyone had a similar experience with their foot peddle on this hoe? Is there a history of this kind of problem on these Pro 911 hoes? It just seems mighty strange to have something so simple be so unserviceable! Any advice in how you got yours unfrozen would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Welcome

Looks like there is a lot of moving parts:

911.jpg

Control Linkage, Handle and Shroud
CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTY SERIAL NO.REMARKS
111M7082Cotter Pin2
2.500 X 25 mm
2M121804Pin Fastener1
324H1136Washer2
11/32" X 11/16" X 0.065"
4M121806Plate1
5AM120907Shroud1
6M122704Boot1
(900)
M121880Boot1
(911)
7M118633Knob2
8......Lever2
(ORDER AM120996)
914H826Nut2
1/2"
10AM120996Handle2
1111M7081Cotter Pin6
2.500 X 20 mm
12......Link5
13M68340Washer3
14T35986Pin Fastener3
15......Link1
16AM121052Linkage Kit1
Hardware
17M121706Rod1
(911) Short Pedal
1819H1948Cap Screw2
1/4" X 3/4" (911)
19M40333Lock Nut2
(911)
20M121705Rod1
(911) Long Pedal
21M121877Mat1
(911)
22......Nut1
23......Plate1
24AM120994Plate1
25M121924Screw3
26......Cap Screw1
27T104773Cap Screw2
2819H2924Screw3
1/4" X 3/4"
29M121914Bracket1
LH
M121926Bracket1
RH
30AM120234Control1
AM120235Control1
LH
31AT49297Link End3
(SUB FOR AM120995)
32M121921Stud1
3314H650Nut3
5/16"
34M121920Stud2
35M121918Spacer3
36M121913Plate1
37......Lever2
(ORDER PT8123)
38PT8123Handle2
3919H2551Cap Screw4
5/16" X 3/4"
4012H303Lock Washer4
5/16"
41M122706Plate1
(900)
M122705Plate1
(911)
4219H1948Cap Screw4
1/4" X 3/4"
43M40333Lock Nut4

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KennyYD's spammy posting.

Gosh KennyYD, it sure looks like you're pretending to be helpful by putting your Spammy posting here. I couldn't help but pickup on the uselessness of your comment... unless of course you're trolling for Grab Hook customers.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Gosh KennyYD, it sure looks like you're pretending to be helpful by putting your Spammy posting here. I couldn't help but pickup on the uselessness of your comment... unless of course you're trolling for Grab Hook customers.
????

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Wow. You are out of line. You might as well move along as you won't be receiving any help from members of this forum.

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Wow :thumbsdown:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Holy Cow, dude! Kenny showed you a schematic of the parts for your issue, and you reply like that?!?! I guess because someone couldn't diagnose the problem, tell you what it is, and fix it for you all via crystal ball on the internet, you are upset.

I may not always know what each part does, and may have to get someone to help my understanding of it better, but I am always appreciative of the help. And I learn from that looking, asking and working on things.

You might want to try it!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Decent first post. The second one? Not so much- :thumbsdown:

Nobody is coming to fix it for you... Kenny was trying to help you help yourself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys, it's nice to think Kenny was trying to be helpful... and that I'm the bad guy. I flamed Kenny because he mis-used this site to provide an 'inbound link' to his website. It's called SEO. The more links from other sites (like this one) to his, the higher Google will rank him. It's an OLD technique called trolling. Checkout his posting, it's got a link in his signature to his site where he's selling hooks. It may look like Kenny was being generous, but my posting wasn't in need of a parts list. And if you think Kenny's idiotic "Wow..." comment was helpful... then that you're not using good sense. Kenny cloaked his inbound link by APPEARING to be helpful. Better that you focus on Kenny's Spamming. I'm the guy who's actually sticking-up for good behavior on this site.

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Guys, it's nice to think Kenny was trying to be helpful... and that I'm the bad guy. I flamed Kenny because he mis-used this site to provide an 'inbound link' to his website. It's called SEO. The more links from other sites (like this one) to his, the higher Google will rank him. It's an OLD technique called trolling. Checkout his posting, it's got a link in his signature to his site where he's selling hooks. It may look like Kenny was being generous, but my posting wasn't in need of a parts list. And if you think Kenny's idiotic "Wow..." comment was helpful... then that you're not using good sense. Kenny cloaked his inbound link by APPEARING to be helpful. Better that you focus on Kenny's Spamming. I'm the guy who's actually sticking-up for good behavior on this site.
Mike,

:wgtt:

Kenny's Bolt On Grab Hooks is an authorized vendor here on GTT. As a vendor, he's encouraged to have a link in his signature, and also has a banner in the rotation at the top of the page and a forum in the vendor section.

In the future, if you have concerns about a post or a member's actions, please feel free to contact any staff member via PM, or you can hit the "report post" button at the bottom of the post in question. That sends a message to all the staff. Generally calling folks out in the threads can be a little disruptive to the "flow" of GTT, and doesn't necessarily alert any staff to the problem until we read the thread.

For a lot of problems, a diagram or breakdown can be very helpful in seeing how things are supposed to go together. As you hang around the site, you'll see a lot of us post those diagrams pretty often. I assure you, Kenny was genuinely trying to help get you on a path to resolve the problem with your machine. :)

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,654 Posts
Hey 56, I thought I said the same thing.:good2:

Welcome to GTT MikeK999.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I have a 2004 Worksite Pro 911 hoe attachment that I just had shipped to me. All is fine except the floor peddle that controls the extender is frozen. It won't budge. I assume it's rusted, though there's no rust showing and the whole hoe looks like new. I've put WD-40 on it and hit it all day with a small sledge. Nothing.

What's strange is that this peddle is nothing but a shaft riding in a 3 inch long tube at the base of the valve-control mast. It was clearly assembled at the factory by welding both ends so it's not possible to remove it. Since it's so stuck in there, I've had to disconnect the linkage to the extender valve and operate it by hand. But, that's a hassle.

Has anyone had a similar experience with their foot peddle on this hoe? Is there a history of this kind of problem on these Pro 911 hoes? It just seems mighty strange to have something so simple be so unserviceable! Any advice in how you got yours unfrozen would be appreciated.

MikeK999, if you are still with us, take a time out, settle back and have an adult beverage. I joined this site early last year when I was working on getting my 1025R tractor and have found there is no need to visit any other sites. It is the best. No one here flames anybody else. Everyone is most wiling to help out all they can, considering we are unable to be "hands on". I have learned a lot on this site and look forward to many more "educational" instances, even though I am and old "farm boy".

PS:: I will be ordering hooks from Kenny very soon. Also likely very soon will be a set of forks from Artillian, another vendor here.

Dave

·
8,558 Posts
It's going to be 50 degrees and sunny here today.
61* and light rain here currently! I'd like warmer temps, but the rain is ALWAYS welcome. :thumbup1gif:

·
Super Moderator
7,874 Posts
Hey Mike. They're coming to get you. Hope you're ready??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I should have let the police handle it.

Yeah... yikes! :) All I did was flip the bird to a Spammer and now I'm treated like a child molester. Turns out Kenny's a 'paid subscriber'. Which means he's got a license to Spam on this site. How'd I know? I guess I should have asked for his ID before making the arrest. BTW, I manage large websites for a living. So, site's like this get trolled all the time by 'helpful' comments that include a backlink in it. There I was thinking I was being a good citizen. :)

·
8,558 Posts
MikeK999; What have you tried to find to fix the problem? IOW, what have you taken apart to look at on your rig? Once you take things apart, the expanded schematic might prove to be very helpful to you.

And if you were being treated like a child molester, some of us would hunt you down and kick your hiney.

When you take covers and parts off of your equipment, maybe you can post some photos here, and someone can offer you more help than you have currently accepted.

Besides, I'm the only one on here that gets to have a stinking attitude, because I can blame it on hormones! :nunu:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you for your suggestion FarmGirl. But, actually, this issue isn't a mechanical one. My understanding of part or how it works or how it's mounted isn't the issue... it's just a 3" long rod resting in a sleeve with a foot peddle welded to it. What is the issue is that it's frozen so solidly to that sleeve that even a sledge can't budge it. Since there no zirk on it or way to even oil it, I'm thinking other owners must be having this problem over time. If so, evidently, John Deere made the tolerance too tight, or the metals too prone to fusing. In a word, I'm wondering if they mis-engineered it. But J.D. has too good a reputation to do something this... strange. So... maybe another Worksite Pro 911 owner can shed some light on it. Thanks for your help just the same.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.