Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my R running today and the fan shaft does not turn. It makes a slight grinding noise. I have got oil pressure, so I know the oil pump is running. My ? Is can I remove the oil pump from the bottom and look in that hole to see what is wrong? If not, can I remove the fan shaft ifs self?

Thanks
20advance

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Sounds as if you have a bevel gear problem or faulty brg. I think you should be able to remove fan shaft assembly. I know one can remove fan shaft assembly on smaller JD 2 cylinder tractors.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I removed the pony motor and the radiator. Got fan shaft out and the engine side bearing is gone, it took out the rear bearing housing and the gear. So, the search is on.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I removed the pony motor and the radiator. Got fan shaft out and the engine side bearing is gone, it took out the rear bearing housing and the gear. So, the search is on.
ouch....

There is a guy that advertises in GM and TC magazines that sells R & D parts, if you dont have it let me know ill send it to you, hes in goodland ks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts