Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this today on their Facebook page and thought it might help out around here:

If you purchased an Attachment Kit used to attach a John Deere snow blower or a 52-inch broom to a John Deere 1023E, 1025R or 2025R compact utility tractor from August 2017 through November 2018, read this notice. In voluntary cooperation with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), we've issued a recall to address missing Operator’s Manuals. The Operator’s Manual, which contains important safety information regarding mounting the attachment and operation, is missing from the Attachment Kit. The missing Operator’s Manual could create a risk of injury, although John Deere has not received any reports of injuries due to this issue. If you are missing the Operator’s Manual for your snow blower or 52-inch broom, stop using the attachment immediately and contact an authorized John Deere dealer for more information and an Operator’s Manual. To learn more about this recall, visit: http://bit.ly/2DLM7kf.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thats interesting. I bought mine in November. I had to stop down at the dealer the day after it was delivered because my blower didnt come with a manual.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I got my "IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE" in the mail yesterday. It specifically mentions 1023E, 1025R and 2025R tractors. I have a 2032R that came with a 54 inch snowblower and the attachment kit had no manual. I had asked the dealer about the manual for the front attachment and the front PTO. Only got the tractor manual and an old manual for a new snow blower.

Reactions: jdforever

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
This is what I got in the mail today.

JD Safety Recall.jpg

Reactions: Roger47

·
Registered
444 Posts
This is what I got in the mail today.
Yep. Mine looked almost like that except it was not redacted. :flag_of_truce:

·
Premium Member
13,091 Posts
Why is JD calling this a "recall"? They are not making any modification to the implement nor are you required to take said implement to a dealer for any corrections. I can certainly see it as a "Safety Alert" but recall?

·
Premium Member
9,364 Posts
Why is JD calling this a "recall"? They are not making any modification to the implement nor are you required to take said implement to a dealer for any corrections. I can certainly see it as a "Safety Alert" but recall?
""In voluntary cooperation with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), we've issued a recall to address missing Operator’s Manuals.""

Because that's the "official action" required to comply with the Federal Consumer Products Safety Commission regulations. It meets their notification and plan of action standards. Apparently, a "Safety alert" wouldn't. They did the same thing for the missing page in the 120R loader manual last year recall.

Actually, the CPSC recalls seem to be issued as often for missing documentation or omitted details in documents which don't require any action be taken with the specific product itself. Instead, it's just like the Deere recall on this matter. Consumers need to obtain either the missing documentation or the corrected documentation. For the 120R recall, they sent me one page, if I recall, that I had to certify / acknowledge receipt of and that I would see it is added to the manual.........

Based upon the information at the CPSC website, looks like they might have a Sub Office Location with CPSC Staff in the Harbor Freight Corporate Headquarters based upon the issues with HF items, currently and historically........:laugh:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Received that very same letter, called my dealer who knew nothing about it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Received that very same letter, called my dealer who knew nothing about it.
The lady that answered the phone at my dealer was happy with the number that was right above the "Dear John Deere Customer:" greeting. The one that CDaveP redacted.

Reactions: CDaveP

·
Registered
117 Posts
I gave them that sequence of characters, however they knew nothing about it. Seems like this is a nothing burger, that JD is CYA re the missing manuals. I actually have all mine for for my 54" Blower and 53" Broom

Reactions: Roger47

·
Registered
444 Posts
I gave them that sequence of characters, however they knew nothing about it. Seems like this is a nothing burger, that JD is CYA re the missing manuals. I actually have all mine for for my 54" Blower and 53" Broom
I would guess it's mostly warnings and lawyer BS with not much if any useful info.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
The lady that answered the phone at my dealer was happy with the number that was right above the "Dear John Deere Customer:" greeting. The one that CDaveP redacted.
Oopps, thought that was the serial number or something uber secret. :laugh: My JD salesman had printed that info and brought it too me when he delivered the 1025R.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts