Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some dental work done today. Installed the new JD tooth bar and Ken's Bolt on Hooks. Kenny's hooks are a work of art. I'm extremely pleased with the quality.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,463 Posts
No hook pics? :mocking: :nunu: :dunno: :laugh:

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Looks good catfishin:good2:

·
Premium Member
13,797 Posts
Did that tooth bar help you pick up all those leaves :lol:

Looks great though :good2:

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'll bite....

What are the two holes on each side of the middle hook? (I am always looking for new things)

Thanks

·
Administrator
18,463 Posts
What are the two holes on each side of the middle hook? (I am always looking for new things)

Thanks
Some buckets have those holes from the factory, they are used to mount the bucket to the machine while in shipping. We haven't quite figured out which machines yet, or what to make to use them.

holes in bucket top for shipping.jpg

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some buckets have those holes from the factory, they are used to mount the bucket to the machine while in shipping. We haven't quite figured out which machines yet, or what to make to use them.

View attachment 494674

Thanks Kenny, you beat me to it. I learned what they were from previous post. Happy Thanksgiving?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks

They were wet so I had to use the loader to move them. I have that bucket and a W R Long 4n1 bucket. Thats the first time I've put it on the tractor. I've done more around here in the past month than in the last 3 years. I'm leveling a pad to put a new garage up. Next project is putting rip rap along the lake while it's down, currently 26" low. That'll be a good test of the FEL as the rip rap weighs 30-40 pounds a chunk.

Looks great though :good2:[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lifting your mower deck to clean or store, pulling out your other stuck tractor, pulling out your wife's stuck car, cleaning up brush, lifting trees to cut, pulling out your docks in the winter. unloading trucks................................................................................

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pardon my ignorance, but what purpose do those hooks on top of the loader serve?
All the above, plus skinning deer.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,599 Posts
All the above, plus skinning deer.

are u using the tennis ball skinning technic? yrs and yrs ago that tennis ball deal was shown to our hunting group one yr. what a slick trick. 2 pickup's could skin a lot of deer fast. and a lot easier than our old way of using hog scaffolding.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
are u using the tennis ball skinning technic? yrs and yrs ago that tennis ball deal was shown to our hunting group one yr. what a slick trick. 2 pickup's could skin a lot of deer fast. and a lot easier than our old way of using hog scaffolding.
I use a golf ball. It sure beats the old way. No hair on the meat either.

Reactions: Gizmo2 and BigJim55

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,040 Posts
I use a golf ball. It sure beats the old way. No hair on the meat either.
Haven't hunted in many years and I've never heard of this method???

·
Registered
12,599 Posts
Haven't hunted in many years and I've never heard of this method???
Ok, I haven't heard of the tennis ball technique either. Help a fella out here, what is it?

:lol:eek:k-here goes-maybe i can explain it. and after thinking and drinking some of this:coffee:(wife made me a cup:laugh:)

yrs ago 2 of us in our group had brushguards on the front of our ford pickups. so we pointed our trucks towards one another.
took a rope around the neck of deer-ah-first we laid a big piece of clean plastic down to help catch the deer if it fell on the ground.

anyways we took a ball-and maybe we did use a golf ball-:think: i can't really remember for sure -too long. anyways once the fur was cut the whole way around the neck--u would put the ball under the fur-loop a piece of rope around the fur, with the ball inside the rope. then tie that rope to the other truck, and just back up. if u had the rope tighten right around the ball, that skin would just slide right off of deer.

we then would hack the back feet off-or u could do that first, personal preference-ok. but i had a bunch of deer hangers made up-or spreader bars--then hang the whole deer on a set of hog scaffolds. then gut it, then cut it half down the back bone. of course u cut the head off before gutting it.

a hog scaffold-is 3 poles the same length, at one end u slice half of the pole off. the center pole u flatten each side. then u drill a hole thru all 3 poles. we tried to use good bolts back then, cause a hog could weigh up to 3 to 4 hundred pounds-if they was kept for 2 yrs.

i have looked for a pic of what they looked like but haven't found one yet. when i do, i'll post it. ok

1 - 20 of 22 Posts