Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:unknown:I saw the post re: the HF quick hitch and I know that these items have been controversial (you either love 'em or hate 'em) since they've been available but I noticed that administrator Randy has a land pride which has made me wonder how the one stacks up against the other and what the differences may be.

·
Administrator
21,033 Posts
Here is a interesting fact-the Land Pride actually cost's about $100 more than the JD iMatch. To me, the adjustable top hook is not a benefit, if you have to adjust it then it's no longer a "quick" hitch but that is my opinion:flag_of_truce:

Much better to modify an implement to be ASAE compatible or just buy it that way from the start.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
FMW, that is a very good question. I can only give the answer from my point of view. I have found that the Landpride is in many ways very similar to the JD QH, mostly in quality and dimensionally. I have seen the Speeco and the HF models and personally am not impressed with their lack of quality. They do however work and do tend to be a little less expensive if that is your main goal. I myself would not have a tractor without one. Just my 2 cents.

Oh, as Ken stated the top hook is adjustable on the Landpride but I have not had the need to adjust it. I have found the need to remove it (broadcast spreader). I didn't find the $100 cost difference, must have been lucky.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
I chose the LandPride over the Deere for its adjustable top hook; otherwise they are both quality units.

I use the adjustable top hook, which compensates for some of my fabricated implement QH adapters not having uniform lower to top pin dimensions.

I agree with Kenny's observations about not having to adjust a top hook; but until implement manufacturers get on the ASAE spec for QH's and hacks like me get their adapters fabricated correctly, I think an adjustable top hook is a decent compromise.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Couldn't agree more....

I chose the LandPride over the Deere for its adjustable top hook; otherwise they are both quality units.

I use the adjustable top hook, which compensates for some of my fabricated implement QH adapters not having uniform lower to top pin dimensions.

I agree with Kenny's observations about not having to adjust a top hook; but until implement manufacturers get on the ASAE spec for QH's and hacks like me get their adapters fabricated correctly, I think an adjustable top hook is a decent compromise.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have both the JD Imatch and the Woods unit with adjustable toplink. The JD is better quality hands down. I think the Woods was about $65 more, I had myself convinced that I needed the adjustable toplink for my Woods Harley Rake. After about two weeks the lower hooks started to fail. They used roll pins as to hold the top part of the lower pins and they seemed to overbore the holes. If I had to do it again I'd just stick with the JD unit.

Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts