Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a low hour used mower. Do you know if the remaining warranty is transferable? Thanks

·
Administrator
17,973 Posts
The original factory/manufacturer warranty will be transferable, it stays with the machine. Not sure about any extended warranties, you'd have to "read the fine print" :laugh:

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kenny thanks for the quick reply. Greatly appreciated. Greg

·
Registered
4,248 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,818 Posts
Kenny thanks for the quick reply. Greatly appreciated. Greg
Also, if you get the VIN number, call Greenmark or another dealership and they can give you the specific in service date and information about any extended warranty. It's also nice to see the service history, if any, as well as details of any warranty issues. If you make the purchase, they can help you register for any warranty which remains.

It's also helpful to check to make double sure there is no lien against the equipment held by Deere. Most Deere equipment which is sold new by the dealer and financed, is financed through Deere Credit. If that's the case, Deere will know and that's important information.

Also, sometimes a UCC Lien is placed against equipment which is financed by other sources. Since these items don't have vehicle titles and are not licensed by the state for road use, the UCC Lien would be the way for the creditor to protect their equity interest in the item. You can often determine if there is a UCC Lien through a check of the VIN number first through Deere Credit, and then through the State's Secretary of State or similar department. Those two sources should reveal any liens if they were properly filed.

Good luck......

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sulleybear, awesome information. Thank you very much. Greg

·
Premium Member
8,818 Posts
Any chance the item is for sale on Craigslist and / or by a west Michigan "Non Deere" Re-seller?

There are two guys, one in the Kalamazoo area and one in Byron Center, which is just south and slightly west of Grand Rapids (for those not familiar with Michigan like Greg and I are.....:laugh:) who purchase low hour, late model Deere equipment for resale. If it is one of these two, I have spoken with both and met the Kalamazoo area dealer and I asked where they get their equipment from. They both said there are several dealers who don't want to bother selling low hour, late model tractors because frankly, they would rather sell new items. Now, most of their inventory comes from Central and southern Illinois, Indiana, Iowa and even Missouri.

There is nothing wrong with their equipment and I applaud their efforts. They have found a niche which serves the public and I am all about business and entrepreneurial opportunities. They both have made arrangements with local lenders, one a bank in the Kalamazoo area and the other, the West Michigan Credit Union in the Grand Rapids area. Both work out of their homes and the tractor pictures show the equipment often posed in front of their garage doors.

Both seem like good guys and I didn't see or hear anything I didn't like. In fact, if they can find what I am seeking, I may just buy it from them...........Just Fyi...

They have told me that Greenmark, who now has either 14 or 16 dealerships in West Michigan and Northern Indiana is not interested in working with them in selling used low hour equipment to them. That's certainly their right and I have no issues with that either. Reality is that these two "re-Sellers" are selling equipment which will likely end up being supplied parts, accessories and even service in the Greenmark Dealers areas so in the long haul, both should benefit.

Just thought you may find this helpful.......

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SullyBear, great info. No this was a private seller two hours away. He let me get half way only to call me and say he sold it. Upset is an understatement, but I learned long ago to let this stuff go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts