Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2015 1025r Mauser Cab, 54” front blower, frontier RB2060 rear blade, ballast box, H120 Loader 53”
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
No. No need to. I found that mine had vibrated loose 3 times before it came to light that there was something amiss that JD was now recognizing. This was before the complete kit became available... back in the beginning. My tractor wasn't covered by the fix so I bought the parts outright... at twice the price of the kit. Since I took the bracket off I haven't found a need to have the nuts on. Maybe if you want to bolt on a commemorative plaque? 😄
Where in Mi. Are you? I live in Ak. Since 06 but born and raised in Mi. Alpena until graduation and Gaylord up to moving to Ak.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,919 Posts
Wow so JD is still manufacturing them with the air cleaner in same location? Or have they not come up with a new valve cover?
It's manufactured by Yanmar, not JD. New models from Deere don't have the air cleaner attached to the engine any more.

·
Super Moderator
3,662 Posts
Where in Mi. Are you? I live in Ak. Since 06 but born and raised in Mi. Alpena until graduation and Gaylord up to moving to Ak.
Grass Lake. 20-30 west of Ann Arbor.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,919 Posts
Looks like same valve cover with production line using the new air cleaner location
I've heard that Yanmar sells the same engine into the marine market (complete with a turbo), so different applications using different configurations.

·
Premium Member
13,303 Posts
I've heard that Yanmar sells the same engine into the marine market (complete with a turbo), so different applications using different configurations.
Several other brands still have the air cleaner on the bracket on the top cover where the bolts are located. In fact, the Rural King is one of them...............They do have some really neat features though, check out the hood opening and the support rods and also the dual fuel filters right there to work on and also the horn.........and the hood latch assembly with an actual handle at the base of the hood. And you can actually replace the battery without taking the headlights off the front end.......

Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
John Deere 1025R
2 Posts
So my Johnny is a 2015. Trying to decide/find out if my year and bracket is one prone to fail. I read and watched several things regarding this. I have no problem doing the conversion besides the $90 some dollars shipping of $190 part. Welcome to getting things shipped to Ak.🤷‍♂️ So my last numbers of serial are FH311229. This below list doesn’t show mine as one needed fixed? Any thoughts? View attachment 813898 View attachment 813898
They replaced mine when I had service done . I didn't know that they had changed it until I opened the hood one day to check the battery. Mine is a 2018 1025R (which is when I bought it in January of 2018). I did but the extended service and they are very good at performing service. I live 60 miles away from the dealer. I have 660 hours on it and just put the snowblower on AND we are getting 6 to 12 inches of snow starting the Noon 11/26/2021. I hope they treat you good with your service - that part was in the process of wearing out on mine - I even had a bungee cord on it to hold on tighter !!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
They replaced mine when I had service done . I didn't know that they had changed it until I opened the hood one day to check the battery. Mine is a 2018 1025R (which is when I bought it in January of 2018). I did but the extended service and they are very good at performing service. I live 60 miles away from the dealer. I have 660 hours on it and just put the snowblower on AND we are getting 6 to 12 inches of snow starting the Noon 11/26/2021. I hope they treat you good with your service - that part was in the process of wearing out on mine - I even had a bungee cord on it to hold on tighter !!
All I did with mine cost practically nothing. Removed the offending bracket and band the hose to the center brace. Been like that for 5 years and absolutely no issues. No vibration either.

john Deere 1025R
loader
backhoe
47 in tiller
47 blower
5ft landscape rake
10 KW pto generator
Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
That is what I did to mine as well

Reactions: Amanandjohnny15

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
That is what I did to mine as well
Like this??

john Deere 1025R
loader
backhoe
47 in tiller
47 blower
5ft landscape rake
10 KW pto generator

·
Registered
252 Posts
Mine is a 2014 and the serial number wasn't in the range of effected machines. So for now I just removed the bracket and the hoses hold it good no issues in roughly 300 hrs 👍🏻😎👍🏻
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Bumper Vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive air manifold Gas Auto part

·
Registered
2015 1025r Mauser Cab, 54” front blower, frontier RB2060 rear blade, ballast box, H120 Loader 53”
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Mine is a 2014 and the serial number wasn't in the range of effected machines. So for now I just removed the bracket and the hoses hold it good no issues in roughly 300 hrs View attachment 814963 View attachment 814964
I agree, the hose could easily hold it. It was so overengineered it was not funny. The bracket weighes more than the intake i will bet!!!

I put the strap on out of caution. Did not need it really. This will last as long as I do I am sure. Oh mine is a 2013, so nope, no free stuff for me either.

john Deere 1025R
loader
backhoe
47 in tiller
47 blower
5ft landscape rake
10 KW pto generator

21 - 38 of 38 Posts